Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Seller Opinion High End Classic German Material

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
199 Posts
Posted 11/19/2019   08:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stampwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good morning Fellows, I ran across this seller of super high end German material. Right now he has over 600 lots listed. Lots of seldom seen errors, overprints, very high CV stuff. I'm looking for opinions on his or has anyone dealt with him before? I did buy one lot previously and it was shipped very fast and I was pleased with it. But then I'm not an expert on any of this stuff. Below is a link to just one of his items.
From there you can check out his other listings. Thanks! Wolf-==-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMANY-IN...163942028148

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
189 Posts
Posted 11/19/2019   08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rmatossian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion, total bulls hit. For example, who puts up a 160000 euro c.v. stamp for auction on eBay (starting at 99 cents!) and then describes it simultaneously as MH and used? The bid histories and the lack of any sort of expertizing makes everything stink even more. Sure, I would like the set of Zara postage dues, but not here.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3862 Posts
Posted 11/19/2019   08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Has all of the earmarks of a complete fraud. All very high cv items that start at 99 cents. Not a cert to be found. Every item relies upon a genuine overprint for it's value. All the feedback is Private and the same accounts leave the terse, non-specific feedback over and over. A couple of negative and neutral feedbacks that slipped through mention fake Richter backstamps and fake overprints. There is more but that should be enough to make anybody run.

Add Private Bidding to the list.
Edited by rogdcam - 11/19/2019 08:28 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
28074 Posts
Posted 11/19/2019   08:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Add Private Bidding to the list.

When I see this, I cannot get out fast enough.
Learn More...
7556 Posts
Posted 11/19/2019   09:01 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United States
565 Posts
Posted 11/19/2019   09:15 am  Show Profile Check kcaramat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kcaramat to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Only one word for private bidding S-H-I-L-L
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3475 Posts
Posted 11/19/2019   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There were 4 or 5 very good German, Germany sellers on U.S. eBay from whom I consistently bought up to around 2008-10. I believe they were incurring losses with mailing, so they left. Since those days, I don't follow Germany on eBay.
Valued Member
Learn More...
189 Posts
Posted 11/19/2019   10:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rmatossian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If I'm looking for Germany on eBay, my default is to go to eBay.de
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1966 Posts
Posted 11/19/2019   1:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In earlier threads here, about last year, we were told the market for Germany proper had crashed and it apparently still remains there. Part of the picture was that in many cases on German eBay, there were no buyers. Go there today (search "Deutsches briefmarken") and you will find postcards, cheap covers, a very few (overpriced) stamps offered by amateurs and little else. That's why the seller is on US eBay and there is no backlink offering them on German eBay.

The prices for the colonies, (sound) German States and German related areas have weakened. I don't know if Michel (always inflated in pricing vs. real prices) or Scott have dropped prices yet to reflect that change.
Edited by hy-brasil - 11/19/2019 1:52 pm
Valued Member
United States
24 Posts
Posted 11/19/2019   2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add poofo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My question is: Who do you trust for German material on eBay?

My seller test is to pick something that I can tell is fake from the photo, and then inform the seller (with a copy of the relevant GPS forgery page). If they keep the sale up, I put them on my list of people never to buy from. Unfortunately no sellers have yet to pass my test.... :(
Valued Member
Learn More...
189 Posts
Posted 11/20/2019   10:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rmatossian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hy-brasil, your description of Germany eBay is incorrect.

Try https://www.ebay.de/b/Briefmarken-a...9/bn_1845161 then choose from various sub-categories on the left. It's all very well-organized and comprehensive.

edit: This hyperlink takes you to eBay.com, not eBay.de so don't click on it. Instead, copy and paste into another tab.
Edited by rmatossian - 11/20/2019 10:59 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05