Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Austrian Offices In Ottoman Empire, 1908, Postmark

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2840 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I think the catolog had to draw the line somewhere.Listing the 1883 shield and later types
why not ? That would mean compiling lists for more common later stamps.The early issues are the scarcest (lombardo venetia) with albanian cancels.The later types seem quiet a bit over cataloged in my view.

Hello perf12,

I agree, it seems a reasonable compromise.

I would have expected just the Lombardy-Venetia stamps to be listed this way but it is very interesting to see the listings for these later soldi-denominated stamps.

I look forward to seeing what Scott has listed for the other offices in the Turkish Empire.

I must remember to check in our club library when I next visit.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Nigel
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2370 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The real premiums with these stamps are on covers;if possible with dates.Either arrival cancels or dates found in inclosed letters.The LV types can be found used after the introduction of the Austrian levant series.___A durazzo cancel (Soldi 5):
http://www.antichistati.com/1024/appr/ap_12en.htm
Valued Member
United States
221 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EMaxim to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you perf12. I did so want a rationale for Scott's decision not to include any Austrian offices in Albania after 1883.

Quote:
I would distinguish the stamps of Lombardy-Venetia from those of the later Austrian Post Offices in the Turkish Empire stamps with face values in soldi.

Nigel, I agree about keeping these stamps separate. Also, if you like, I'll scan more of the Austrian offices pages for you. It's been a pleasure discussing this complicated area of postal/political history with you. No one in my day to day life here would give a hoot.

Eric
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05