Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Berlin Brand. Mi#4Ab

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Romania
122 Posts
Posted 11/26/2019   06:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add cupram to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello
I have a sheet with stamps that I think they are Mi # 4Ab ("hell siena" color). I superimposed over the sheet a block of 4 stamps that I think is Mi # 4Aa ("lebhaftsiena" color)
Because I want to sell these stamps, certification is mandatory (I found this stamp type certified by Dr. Michael Jasch-BPP)
The certification costs are very high for the whole sheet and I intend to send a corner block with 4 stamps.
The question is whether anyone will buy the rest of the stamps (single or blocks) from the sheet based on the certificate for block 4 and the picture with the sheet from which this block was cut? Would you buy it?

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
189 Posts
Posted 11/26/2019   08:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rmatossian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First of all, where the hellsiena did you get a sheet of 4Ab? (looks like paper wa)

I think absolutely that you should get every stamp expertized because that's the way it's most likely to sell. I would buy one of them, not a block of 4, and certainly not the whole sheet. I'm not an expert on expertizing, but you should probably try to make a deal with an expertizer because examining a whole sheet, I would think, takes very little more effort compared to a single.

Secondly, who do you suppose would buy it?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
864 Posts
Posted 11/26/2019   09:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I collect Soviet Occupied Germany in some detail. Your Mi 4Ab is a nice find but I wouldn't buy a rather pricey color variation without a BPP certification.

Without a certification following each stamp, their market value would be less because you are shifting the cost of a cert to the buyer.

Dan
Experienced stamps need a home too. I'd rather have an example that is imperfect than no example.
I collect for enjoyment, not investment.
APS Member #223433
Postmark Collectors Club Member #6333
Meter Stamp Society Member #1409
Edited by danstamps54 - 11/26/2019 09:31 am
Valued Member
Romania
122 Posts
Posted 11/26/2019   10:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I buyed a year ago the 7 sheets of series Berlin Brandenburg.

I think is wb paper (yelowish) and the cote up to 300E(from 160E wa paper)
The expertise I heard is during a few months and the cost for expertise a stamp is 40-50E.I saw this stamp with 50-80E sel price.
Not realistic for me.
Valued Member
Romania
122 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   05:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello danstamps54,
I collect too Soviet Occ. Germany stamps.
For color varieties you are right for certification,I need made an investition.
I have many verieties design:Mi#1AB XII(field 86) ,Mi#1AB??(field 95,top right curved ornament broken),Mi#6AXII(field 99),Mi#6AII (field 52) ,Mi#3AII (field 12).For these type of varieties I think a good scan it's enough,or need certification too?

I am a new member and I don't have possibility to email to you.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
864 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   11:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
cupram,

While a good close-up scan of the plate flaw would satisfy some buyers you still have to consider paper and gum types that are usually difficult to see on a scan. A BPP cert would certainly improve the market value of the stamp.

Before you invest too heavily in certs, you might want to consider your market. I don't know where you plan to offer the stamps for sale but in North America the market for Soviet Occupied Germany (SBZ) is very small. The common catalog in North America, Scott, has made a complete mess of SBZ. It is even difficult to locate all the SBZ stamps on eBay-us. Most collectors here just get the most common stamp to fill their collection and move on. Very few of us collectors in North America go beyond that. Most of my purchases have been through dealers and collector friends in Germany. The German market is stricter than the US. A cert for that market is almost mandatory.

Good luck!
Dan
Experienced stamps need a home too. I'd rather have an example that is imperfect than no example.
I collect for enjoyment, not investment.
APS Member #223433
Postmark Collectors Club Member #6333
Meter Stamp Society Member #1409
Valued Member
Romania
122 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   12:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dan for these informations.I am a new collector (I start a 2-3 ago) and I collect Germany.For that country it's need a lot of money and
what I have many double stamps and varieties I thinked to sel them (but very difficult for me with certification).I think to try an exchange with German stamps collectors.
George
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05