Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

10 Or 10A....11 Or 11A....that Is The Question!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 499Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
854 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   03:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Laurie 02 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm having a heap of trouble dating/plating this stamp!
The colour is trucking me into thinking it's a 10. However I read somewhere if you can plate it it will also give you the Scott number too!
Anyway any assistance from you knowledgeable people out there will be appreciated...all in all it's a very nice cover!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2336 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   05:23 am  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can narrow it down to two plates for you. The stamp comes from Plate 2L or 3, which means it is an 11A.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
854 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   05:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Legend, thank you Sinclair!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
130 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   12:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent post and reply. Good information to help me in learning about the 10's and 11's I am trying to better identify.
I think I have an 11 first and a 10 second, primarily because the 11 has the inner frame lines. Please advise if my thinking is correct here. Thank you in advance.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4754 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   12:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Type I = Four frame lines, no inner lines
Type II = Four Frame Lines, one or both inner lines recut

Scott 10 = Type I, Orange Brown
Scott 10A = Type II, Orange Brown
Scott 11 = Type I, Dull Red
Scott 11A = Type II, Dull Red

This is the basic without getting into shades and so on.
Learn More...
8367 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   12:38 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2130 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   1:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
chipshot - you were given detailed feedback when you posted those two stamps here:

http://goscf.com/t/70039#618855
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
854 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's the colour that throws me....and I have the Scott colour guide for 10 and 11 shades but some of my stamps don't fit due to oxidization, fading or even underinking, that's why I thought plating may be the way to go!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
130 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   3:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I obviously have a long way to go in managing my stamps, plating and threads on the forum. I am older (slow learner) and the digital part may be the most challenging part for me. I do appreciate everyone's patience and their willingness to try to bring me along with process. Thanks again.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 499Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05