Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

South America Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Romania
9 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   06:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add cupram to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received this stamp book 50 years ago from my mother(see the design of first Romanian stamp). Most stamps are from South and Central America.
Chile stamps, I think they are more valuable but I can't identify them. Thanks for any advice

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27572 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   06:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely album cover Cupram,
I have enjoyed collecting Romania immensly.
It's a great challenge.
Cannot comment on the stamps, but look like the beginnings of a nice collection.
So your mother collected stamps, how wonderful!

PS: That is the first stamp of Moldovia not Romania
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 11/27/2019 5:08 pm
Valued Member
Romania
9 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   1:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Rod is Moldovia.
In that stock book are hundreds of stamps but when I restarted collect stamps (a 2-3 years ago),I focused on Germany stamps.
A collector told me that in stock book are common stamps (except a few stamps) and I try to have a new opinion.Thank you for help.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27572 Posts
Posted 11/27/2019   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A collector told me that in stock book are common stamps (except a few stamps) and I try to have a new opinion.

I like your attitude.
One has to be cognisant of the term "common stamps" if meant in a derogatory vein, then dismiss the person, we have no time for them.
If, however it is used to adjust a persons opinion as to value of a collection,
then, albeit harsh, it needs to be said.
Many see the dollar signs, not the stamps.

I think your collection has promise, some beautiful stamps, and mouth watering postmarks. A lifetime's work awaits you.

I was drawn to this beautiful Pmk... lovely!

This is the finished product ....My Cuba 1888
Valued Member
Romania
9 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   11:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Rod222

Excuse me for responding so late.
Very beautiful page with stamps. In Romania I do not find stamps to complete the series.
The stamps with a low fee are supposed to be very many on the market and yet they are difficult to find. That's why I started collecting only Germany.
inherited stamps I intend to replace them with German stamps.
George
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27572 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   3:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The stamps with a low fee are supposed to be very many on the market and yet they are difficult to find.

George,
I find that surprising, I have many duplicates, if you take up Romania again,
I may be able to assist.
Valued Member
Romania
9 Posts
Posted 12/03/2019   05:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you rod222 for your offert,but I collect only german stamps.
My last purchase:

Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
Posted 12/03/2019   07:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wannahocalugie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. So wonderful. Love your recent purchase. How far in your German collection are you? Do you have just overprints or modern also? Great none the less.
Cheryl
Valued Member
Romania
9 Posts
Posted 12/03/2019   10:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hello
I stopped with the collection in the 1970s, with one exception, when I bought a very nice stamped album from 1990-2001 (about 95% of stamps and sheets).
But I have many stamps missing (high values) - budget motives.
George
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05