Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Identify This Us Stamp 70d Or 78c With Thin Paper?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Valued Member
Learn More...
203 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   11:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, and I grew up in Sarasota; nice place. Quite sure you will like it there!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
61 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   08:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am in Bradenton and would like that funcitypapa group to see what I posted, along with some other stamps. Snd I am also one who would like to get over the 50 post threshold. I would ask that you all should look at my 3 stamps as I believe they all of the thin paper type. I appreciate there are limits with what you can determine by looking at a posted picture.
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   08:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJack2271 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your support.
I will be looking to hook up with you and group
soon as I will be in Sarasota January. PFC still pending.
Anyone heard of 70 steel blue on thin paper before?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
508 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   1:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chipshot: thx for telling us that you are in Bradenton. So that's four of us in reasonably close proximity. I live in Tampa but also have property in Holmes Beach where I will be this coming week. My office, where I am typing this is in Sun City.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
61 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   2:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would invite you to stop on your way or to arrange a meeting, however we are heading to N J for the holidays. On our return I look forward to meeting you. Thanks
Learn More...
7690 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   2:28 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Be cautious when posting locations and travel plans.
Don
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
61 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   3:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wise advice Don, thanks. Even in this forum someone might try something.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
508 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   5:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Always good advice. The three of us who met on this forum subsequently have communicated extensively via email and text and then met at a neutral location to establish familiarity and trust. I never got into on line dating sites, but this is how I would have approached this as well.

Caution and going slow is always appropriate but the internet is a fact of life. I can truly say that it is highly unlikely that I would have met the other two members of our current little group without this forum, and that would have been my loss. Both seem like fine individuals, serious collectors but also with other interests.
Edited by funcitypapa - 12/19/2019 5:42 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
203 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   6:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well to both Chipshot and Blackjack, I'll be attending the Sarasota show in February, likely on Saturday. Might be a good place to meet and say hello. Have heard it was a good show, it was the last time I went, 35 years ago! (I just got back in to collecting stamps about a year ago.)
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
61 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think that show is a great idea ( I have never been there) Graet location and no doubt fine show. My one friend say he will be the man with the hat on, but I am sure we can determine the way to meet. Thank you all,
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJack2271 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To all living in or around Sarasota I would like to meet you at this Feb. Show or sooner if that can be arranged.
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
Posted 12/25/2019   08:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJack2271 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No decision yet by the PF as I was hoping to have one by
Christmas. Probably nothing until the New Year as people
are away until then. It may be fun to start a poll here as to
what others here think the stamp will turn out as 70, 70b or
70d. I don't know if this can be set up by a moderator to tally
The votes until the PF determination is made. My vote is for
——-70d light gray violet——-
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
61 Posts
Posted 12/25/2019   08:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Merry Christmas and I agree with your opinion on the color...... Can't wait to see how the P F comes back.
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
Posted 12/25/2019   11:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJack2271 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chipshot that makes 2 votes for 70d so far.
Your used 70 with the heavy circle cancel
looks the most like mine.
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
61 Posts
Posted 12/25/2019   12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope some of the others will offer their thoughts and if they have a stamp from the series, I would like to see their posts for our perusal.
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05