Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Few Of My Updated Album Pages (Organized By Design Rather Than Catalog Number)

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5729 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks fantastic Philazilla. I do wish people would stop posting these lovely looking pages because it really reminds me how lazy I am and how bad my collection really looks with almost zero organization.......

*(I am kidding about the stop posting bit)*
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
691 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Really impressive. Thank you for sharing.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
566 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   7:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jarnick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Outstanding! I love the presentation by design rather than blindly following the catalog.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
784 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   7:28 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are great. Very interesting way of presenting the stamps. I think each person has to figure out their own way of organizing. Sometimes chronologically, sometimes by printing technique, etc. This is quite different and I like it.
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jr. Ratfish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoy and respect your unique approach to these pages. They are truly beautiful stamps and thoughtfully presented. Thank you for sharing them.
Valued Member
United States
409 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philazilla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank for the encouragement and interest in my collection.

@stamperix Thanks for the info on the 2c colors. Do you have an article or publication you could point me to on how different shades should look under UV light? Do you know if I need to take them out of the mounts (like you do for checking for tagging on modern stamps)? I'll take a look at some point soon. The Type III Rose Carmine was bought at a Harmer-Schau Auction but does not have a cert. The Type IV Rose Carmine has a Miller cert. . .wonder if I should send both of these in for a PF cert?

@John Becker - good catch on the mistake on the E7 label. I will have to fix that. I do scrap the whole page, mounts included, when I have to fix or update something. I typically fix my InDesign files immediately, but don't always reprint and remount right away. I enjoy mounting stamps, but it gets tedious when there is a lot to do. I wish there were pre-cut 22x27 and 22x28 (or 23x28) mounts. That would save me a lot of time in chopping up strip after strip of mounts.
United States
3 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   10:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add macsyrinx to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I love what you did with the Air Post Stamps page
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
Posted 12/03/2019   12:15 am  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you share what software you used to create these custom album pages? I am aware of AlbumEasy
Valued Member
United States
409 Posts
Posted 12/03/2019   01:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philazilla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I used Adobe InDesign.
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1328 Posts
Posted 12/03/2019   03:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PSE has written a book called "Philatelic Book of Secrets" which has many interesting chapters, and for some stamps (by far not all classic stamps) they give Pantone colors for the normal light color (which are not always useful) and UV colors for some stamps (which are sometimes useful). There are two volumes of the book, but the 2c 1899 stamps are listed in both of them. You can buy both books as ebook at Amazon. (The Pantone color for rose carmine is given by PSE as 213U-214U)

Yes, you have to take the stamps out of the mounts to check the UV color. In other countries like Australia or Germany, the UV light is a very important tool to check for color differences which can be hard to tell under normal light.

The thing with the pink back I don't remember exactly, where my sources were. I think this is my own conclusion based on several sources. Pink stamps from that 2c issue have a strong pink back sometimes, while other stamps don't, and I think the rose carmine does not.

Indeed, it would be very interesting to know if the PF would certify both stamps as rose carmine.
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1328 Posts
Posted 12/03/2019   03:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: I don't own any certified 2c rose carmine stamps but I have at least started to sort my 1899 2c stamp in colors :).
Valued Member
United States
409 Posts
Posted 12/08/2019   11:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philazilla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@stamperix, I'm now on the lookout for the 2c Brown Orange (279Bi) - none on eBay. . .
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05