Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For Scherzer Bridge Stamps

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,392Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
403 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   10:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Cjd, thanks a lot for the info , it's great to know that there is a Scherzer in the region of the Great Lakes. And what's more , the little history behind it is also interesting to me. It is great that the local people fights to save the bridge. They really love it just like the Tianjinese loves theirs. I read a news report about the lastest opening of the Scherzer bridge in the last September. Thousands of Tianjinese gathered together to view the scenery, it's really spectacular just like a festival. Mr. Scherzer must be surprised yet happy to see how his bridge has such an big wonderful influence on the Chinese people!.

People mountain and people sea, as they describe the scene:

As for the "sexy" stamp, I think it's because postage stamp issue has its limits, so many great topics must be shelved, there are just too many good choices. I have always found interesting topics not very likely to go on a stamp, such as this bridge in the Yunnan Province of China, which turns out to be built by Paul Bodin who is the designer of the Viaur Viaduc. I first discovered it when La Poste issued le Viaduc Viaur in 1997. As a stamp collector, I think I will aslo be satisfied with a pictorial postmark or a cancellation postmark with a related station name.

What a masterpiece, said to be one of the three engineering wonders at the beginning of the 20th century#65292;Sexy enough to become a stamp? Seems not yet :-)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by idebee - 12/18/2019 10:47 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4047 Posts
Posted 12/26/2019   11:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

So there I was, driving along, minding my own business, and wow !@#$%!

Gawd, the things you can learn from collecting stamps

https://bridgehunter.com/nj/union/bh50216/ ... The not-half-bad sketch in this post is drawn facing west. I was driving north (left to right) on the elevated roadway behind the Scherzer bridge.

Thanks for the thread, idebee.

And, thanks for the Street View, Google.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Valued Member
403 Posts
Posted 12/27/2019   04:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, ikeyPikey, glad that you see a real Scherzer in front of your eyes. I have to live with watching them on the screen for the time being, just found this#65281;

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,392Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05