Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamp Smarter Tagging & Luminsecence Database Updated

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 405Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
133 Posts
Posted 12/07/2019   09:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mstocky2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I finished entering images for all of the 2019 issues into the stampsmarter tagging and luminescence database bringing it totally up to date. There are currently over ten thousand plus stamps & varieties listed. Thanks to Don for loading the current info from my spreadsheet!

http://www.stampsmarter.com/feature...ng_Home.html

I have also added hundreds of varieties including luminescent paper and ink types as I find them and others such as die cut varieties. I don't expect most if any of these varieties to end up in Scott's and I believe they should be documented somewhere. If you think you have collected all the varieties of an issue, check the DB you might be surprised.

Enjoy
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
8264 Posts
Posted 12/15/2019   2:52 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The US Tagging community project on Stamp Smarter has undergone an even larger and more significant update since Mark's post (above) a few weeks ago.

New content, including many tagging image examples, has been added thanks to contributions from Hans van Gils (translation done by Mark). There is also a new responsive 'tabbed' interface. Mark has worked tirelessly on the database; it now has over 10,275 tagged stamps listed. I believe that this is the largest, most complete US tagged stamp reference available anywhere. You can see the update page here, http://stampsmarter.com/features/Tagging_Home.html
Note that you may need to force your browser to refresh (typically F5 key) to fetch the revised code.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 405Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05