Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Attention HipStamp Sellers! Nominations Open For 2020 Sellers Choice Marketplace Awards

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1287 Posts
Posted 12/08/2019   1:25 pm  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add cfrphoto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
HipStamp sellers reading this post have an opportunity to participate in the eCommerce Bytes Sellers Choice Marketplace Awards surveys. While many complain about eBay, this may be an opportunity to strike back.

While HipStamp lacks sales automation available on eBay through the SixBit eCommerce Solution, buyers are not subject to out-of-state sales tax collection. It is amazing to me that buyers continue to buy on eBay when the same item on HipStamp may not be subject to sales tax. While I don't expect this to last, buyers should take advantage while they can. Sellers not on HipStamp open an account and take advantage of eBay Sync to mirror listings on HipStamp.

Why participate in the survey?

If HipStamp sellers on this forum participate, they may help the site achieve better site visibility and, ultimately, increase sales.

Nominations Open for 2020 Sellers Choice Marketplace Awards

From eCommerceBytes Blog with a description and link to the survey can be found at:
https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/bl...5758123.html
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1810 Posts
Posted 12/09/2019   10:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I signed up on hipstamp, as a buyer, a couple of days ago.

I bought one item, and took advantage of both the sales tax issue you point out, and also the discounting that hipstamp does. What I purchased was 20% off, plus no tax.

Of course the item hasn't arrived yet, but I'm hopeful.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1210 Posts
Posted 12/09/2019   11:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a no-brainer as a buyer to choose HipStamp over eBay when the same item is available on both. Aside from the tax break, I'm still hoping to win that Penny Black one of these months...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by dudley - 12/09/2019 11:32 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05