Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1852 Postal Letter From Aboard Europa

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1684 Posts
Posted 12/12/2019   08:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scotzm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please note that your 1818 cover is most likely a wrapper and the actual contents have been lost. The inside notes are probably just that. Check the dates of the written notes and the date of posting and stamping of the FREE mark to see what I mean. Re-used for notes as is the outside of the wrapper. "wrapper", in this case, means there was a separate written document inside what you have.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
154 Posts
Posted 12/12/2019   09:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you scotzm. I'd wondered since other names were written inside. And 51studebaker, thats fantastic reading isn't it! Would it be exhibit material if the entire letter is inside?
What a descriptive account. I do particularly like the emotive account of tears rolling down his sunburnt face.. Oh the scene must have been horrific.

Unfortunately, I have recieved word from the gentleman I have bought it off for $40 has filed it in one of 10 boxes and is currently looking for it. This is by the by for me, as I do trust him. I will wait patiently for it to arrive. Whilst running to the letterbox each day.
The other cost $11. I still think I'm very lucky.

Edit and yes rod I do need a scanner. I am looking at possible purchases early next week. (oh! I can hear the sighs of relief all the way from nz)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by lostandfound - 12/12/2019 09:21 am
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05