Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Few Of My Us Stamps - Wrangling My Gifted Collection.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
Posted 02/08/2020   9:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you MKfarm. Yes I really enjoy having stamps as part of my life and routine. I try not to feel intimidated by all the amazing experts here and just put it out there :)

I always love the feedback. Nora.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
46 Posts
Posted 02/09/2020   11:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ursa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You have some lovely stamps from the 1898 Trans-Mississippi series, Mrita75. Are there more treasures like these waiting to be revealed here?

Without a doubt, you are now officially beyond the beginner stage of this wonderful hobby!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
Posted 02/09/2020   12:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Ursa :)

I really like those Trans-Mississippi stamps - hopefully with patience I can acquire a few more. Not sure if I have any treasures, but I will definitely keep sharing as I fill in more pages. Nora.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2380 Posts
Posted 02/09/2020   2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not sure if I have any treasures

All it takes to make them treasures is a connection. Even this poorly centered pulled prefs copy becomes a treasure when it was canceled the day my grandmother was born.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
Posted 02/09/2020   2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good point littleriverphil. Well I certainly do have quite a few personal treasures in my collection.

ADD: A few more pages that I am still working...

Edited by Mrita75 - 02/09/2020 7:12 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1566 Posts
Posted 02/09/2020   7:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mkfarm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Btw, nice album. I have the same one.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
Posted 02/10/2020   10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally finished my Prexies. One day I'll replace the used with mint like my coils. A few more pages as well, as I got a few more stamps in today.

Valued Member
204 Posts
Posted 02/11/2020   8:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Love your enthusiasm as always. Good stuff!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
Posted 02/11/2020   8:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hola Andy. Gracias! Nora.
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
Posted 02/12/2020   12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What album pages are these? And are those split back mounts or you slide stamps from top and then hinge them to the album page? sorry I am a newbie as well, trying to learn options for my collection. Right now I just have them in vario pages, and I like the album view. So might consider it.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
Posted 02/12/2020   12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi StampBoy,

This is the US Volume 1 Mystic Heritage Album. I actually purchased the 3 volume set - in hindsight, I would probably have only purchased the 1st volume as I am not interested at this time in collecting past 1970s - but it is ok, I might change my mind and I have two other binders I use for my Vario stock pages ( I got this set when I first started collecting). I think Volume one you can get for like 24 bucks, which is not bad - I think the pages are well organized and have a nice background and history regarding the issues. In terms of the mounts, yes I have split backs, but I also have cut mounts - another learning for me :) I purchased a multiple size package of mounts and well I didn't have enough of the right size split backs for everything so I do some cutting myself and slip the stamp in from the top. I need to get a mount cutter - which I plan to do soon. I hope this helps!
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
Posted 02/12/2020   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, that is very helpful.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1566 Posts
Posted 02/12/2020   2:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mkfarm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can confirm that this is a real nice album for a beginner or even a seasoned collector that wants to work with an album.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
Posted 02/13/2020   8:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
After a long stressful day. Satisfaction from completing a few more pages.

Edited by Mrita75 - 02/13/2020 9:08 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
495 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
More from the US collection. some I purchased as well as some that AndyRich74 was so kind to send of his duplicates. Thanks for looking.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05