Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Green Stamp Hinge Identification

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28449 Posts
Posted 12/14/2019   3:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great slogan Linus! thanks.

The Dennison Greens,
(I scanned them at the time, to find out if they were still available)

Rapkins?

Other stuff in my "Hinges" Folder
Butterfly

Hinges one can write on.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 12/14/2019 3:35 pm
Pillar Of The Community
701 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   02:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, HE Harris sold using the Honor-Bilt label mainly for their packets of stamps but apparently for other things like hinges. But that doesn't indicate who made the hinges. They might have come from Dennison, but since there were other hinge manufacturers back then (apparently), who really knows? There's one way to tell, though. Attach some to an album page or sheet of paper, wait until they dry, and then peel them off. If they come off smoothly and cleanly with no residue and without tearing or thinning the page, they very well might have been made by Dennison. Or perhaps Fold-O-Hinge. If they don't remove this way, if they tear off paper repeatedly, they cannot possibly be made by Dennison. I'd stake my stamp tongs on that!
Valued Member
United States
190 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   10:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DrewM -

My package of Honor-Bilt hinges is empty, so I am unable to perform your test. I was just showing the package itself, as another example of the many hinge brands that were available back in the old days.

Linus
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05