Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For Snow Flakes

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 1,823Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
403 Posts
Posted 12/17/2019   9:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, 51studebaker, thanks for the info! It's great to know that there are identical snow flakes existing. Is there any photos or a link, I am interested in seeing more details around this topic, and it will make a great topic for the coming Christmas gatherings. And what's more, it kinda answers a question of mine when I took a close look at the pictorial postmark above. There are two identical snowflakes on the right side; although all the other flakes are different. I was wondering why the designer does not make all of them different, and just leave two of them alike. Now I think he perhaps does this intentionally.

Hi, Ringo, thanks for there beautiful stamps, I really enjoyed watching these designs. I am surprised to find out that they are issued in 1971, unbelievable, they look pretty Avant - garde for me! Probably, they are the earliest snow flake on postage stamps?

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France
1169 Posts
Posted 12/17/2019   10:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They're not the earliest.
This one is from Poland,1957

From Poland too,but even earlier: Winter sports set,1956
Edited by vayolene - 12/18/2019 02:07 am
Pillar Of The Community
Russian Federation
610 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   06:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Alexey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mascots of the Winter Paralympic Games in Sochi, 2014 - Snowflake and Ray of Light

Hi, Idebee. This is a simple sovenir sheet "Happy New Year! - Moskow, Kremlin" Why such a small circulation is unknown. But he alone is valued as 10 complete annual sets of stamps of Russia
Pillar Of The Community
France
1169 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   06:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this the earliest?
Switzerland,Olympics,1948
Edited by vayolene - 12/18/2019 06:58 am
Valued Member
403 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   07:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Vayolene, you have really some good old stamps. I always love old stamps, simple but beautiful, just like blue and white porcelin of Ming Dynasty of China. As it is said by people , brevity is the soul of wit. And I believe the earliest is always a must-have for any topic, thank you for all the great infos, it's incredible that you have found out 1948's snow flakes. It is really wonderful to just watch them on the screen!
Valued Member
403 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   08:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Alexey, they are really cute. I can never imagine snowflake transform into a little girl#65292;an elf. The author has done a good design indeed with such great creativity. And after I asked you why such small circulation, I have noticed similar sheets in China as well. I am not quite aware of that before#65292;they have to buy this kind of sheet via drawing lots. Take a look , this one is issued recently with only 3000 pieces.

The 24 solar terms
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
730 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   08:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
403 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   9:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Ringo, thanks for this great stamp. It is a very clear and vivid microscopic photo and I now can understand what the physicist say about snowflakes not being perfectly symetrical. They are a combination of order and chaos, very interesting to see that! And it's great to know that there is a Royal Microscopical Society running to these days. I think microscope would make a very great topic all by itself!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1458 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   11:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Russian Federation
610 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   01:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Alexey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
some New Year's snowflakes from Russia

Valued Member
403 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   07:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, 22crows, thanks for the links, but I have encountered problems loading the pages, it's just too slow, I will try again later to see if I will have some good luck.

Hi, Alexey, thanks for the great additions, Russia is no doubt the nation with the most snowflakes I suppose! :-)

I saw this sheet, they are mascots too right? Could you tell me their English names, I want to know some more about there cute little mascots. I tried to visit the site printed on the sheet, but it's only in Russian language. I plan to start a topic on the mascots, would you mind if I use your image?

Pillar Of The Community
Russian Federation
610 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   07:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Alexey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
403 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   9:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Alexey, looks like wiki is not very happy with my region, I will try some other means later, thanks a lot anyway!
Pillar Of The Community
Russian Federation
610 Posts
Posted 12/19/2019   10:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Alexey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
they are Leopard, Hare and Polar bear
Valued Member
403 Posts
Posted 12/20/2019   04:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
they are Leopard, Hare and Polar bear

I see#65292;I thought they have other names#65281;I see some background introductions about them now, The leopard turns out to a lifesaver, no wonder that he wears some gears around his waist, and the background settings of the other guys are also interesting too! Really enjoy reading those little stories behind them! Thanks a lot for helping me get to know them, and find so great a topic as well!

Mascots of 2022 Winter Olympics: Bing Dundun & Xue Rongrong. I can see more snowflakes coming onto Chinese stamps :-), which is pretty limited in number till now!
Edited by idebee - 12/20/2019 08:06 am
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 1,823Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05