Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For Snow Flakes

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 59 / Views: 2,809Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3696 Posts
Posted 12/24/2019   2:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I knew a thread with "snowflake" in the title would eventually devolve into non-stamp related discussions. Could I recommend that we lock this topic before further damage is done? Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all ...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
9256 Posts
Posted 12/24/2019   2:41 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Threads are given latitude to include content beyond just stamps, there is no rule that prevents this. If there was a rule that disallowed this, not only would the Mod position become a nightmare (and I for one would quit) but it would also mean we would be censoring threads that included related history content, geography content, cultural content, etc. Having a snow/weather thread that includes science-related content is acceptable.

We do frown upon political content since folks seem unable to discuss this without insulting and flaming each other (but note that we do not have a rule regarding this). I removed the one sentence in my last post which could be perceived as political.
Don
Valued Member
408 Posts
Posted 12/24/2019   10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, 51studebaker, thanks for the info! It's interesting, or better to use word surprising, to know that! Global warming is no doubt a really tricky problem. I think Tagore once said Nature is so mighty, we have to choose to obey! :-( Can't we do anything about it?

Hi, vayolene, thanks for the link! I now have better understanding of what it means, glad to see people living much better lives in severe natural circumstances. I think Bacon once said: Nature is commanded by obeying her. :-) It's deep, isn't it? He kind of predicted the winter cities arrangements!

Hi, Alexey, it's great to know that you have already started a topic on all those cold but cool things! :-) I must have overlooked that thread. I will read through first, and post to it later.
Edited by idebee - 12/24/2019 10:32 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Russian Federation
654 Posts
Posted 12/25/2019   02:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Alexey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
here are some snowflakes for Christmas! There is no other ... yesterday was +8 in Moscow ('')

Edited by Alexey - 12/25/2019 02:17 am
Valued Member
408 Posts
Posted 12/25/2019   09:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Alexey, Merry Christmas! It is also very nice to see snow flying on the screen, thanks a lot! I can never imagine to live in such a cold weather, although my parents and grandparents are all from the so-called winter cities, and I can't help beginning to consider that maybe global warming is not such a bad thing! :-)
Valued Member
408 Posts
Posted 12/27/2019   11:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, everybody, I got a Christmas card from Canadian Post. I love these shining and glittering designs very much, but I am not familiar with Christmas. I saw in this thread what they are , but still don't know what they mean. Could anybody tell me what all these beautiful things imply in Christmas, thanks a lot!

I did not notice the snowflake patterns inside their bodies at first, wow! Snows outside, flakes inside, very beautiful and creative designs!
Valued Member
408 Posts
Posted 12/30/2019   1:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"Under the microscope, I found that snowflakes were miracles of beauty; and it seemed a shame that this beauty should not be seen and appreciated by others. Every crystal was a masterpiece of design and no one design was ever repeated., When a snowflake melted, that design was forever lost. Just that much beauty was gone, without leaving any record behind."

Wilson "Snowflake" Bentley 1925

http://snowflakebentley.com
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5537 Posts
Posted 06/06/2020   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On March 28, 1966 Belgium issued this 2 franc stamp to publicize the Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium. This is the federal institute engaged in meteorological research and in providing climatological reports to the public.

Valued Member
Brazil
426 Posts
Posted 04/06/2021   4:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rigel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
France

Mont Dore - 1v

Valued Member
Brazil
426 Posts
Posted 04/07/2021   7:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rigel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spain

XII International Freezing Congress, Madrid - 1v

Valued Member
Brazil
426 Posts
Posted 04/08/2021   2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rigel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spain

Winter universiade - 1v

The stamp depicts an estilized athlete with a snow flake in the body

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1127 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   05:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Outremer01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lebanon
4th March 2004
Tourism
Snow Scene, Faqra

As the presentation folder "Notre Liban ... en Blanc" describes:
"the white mountains of Lebanon are at the origin of its name and their proximity to the sea is one of their essential and unique characteristics". It goes on to explain that there are six* ski resorts which are very popular in the Winter.
(* 2004 - several more have been established since this date)

Edited by Outremer01 - 04/09/2021 05:36 am
Pillar Of The Community
France
1646 Posts
Posted 04/09/2021   05:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Turkey,2020
From a set called "Fractal Views of Nature"
Edited by vayolene - 04/09/2021 05:32 am
Pillar Of The Community
France
1646 Posts
Posted 04/10/2021   05:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finland,Christmas 2020
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 59 / Views: 2,809Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05