Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Making Progress With Collection - A Few Of My Favorites

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 2,629Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 12/10/2019   10:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Mrita75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Getting this collection into stock books has been a challenge, but I feel like this hard work is paying off. I am amazed at the beauty and uniqueness of these stamps from across the world. What I am showing is only about 5% of the sheets I Have completed. wanted to share some of my favorites - like works of art. If you are interested in seeing more of the collection - let me know - will post here.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
470 Posts
Posted 12/10/2019   3:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks great. You are working hard. I have a couple of thoughts on your work going forward. I want to encourage your work so ignore anything that I write that you don't agree with.
1. Try to leave space on a couple of lines on each page so that you can add additional stamps without having to rearrange everything a lot. Generally, leave more space for lower values because you are more likely to find more of them. This will save time in the long run.
2. Try to place the stamps in order by denomination as you go. You will eventually want to start cataloging them and having all of same values together will help. (Of course at that point, you will find out that they are not all the same issue but that is a discussion for another time.)
3. Expect to need additional hagner stock sheets as you start to identify the stamps and start to write little notes beside each stamp.
Keep up the good work.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 12/10/2019   3:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the advice - I am learning this along the way lol - having to move things around quite a bit - good call. Yes I need to be more disciplined about the denominations is then I decide to catalog, it will not be as overwhelming as it is now. Thank you for the encouragement. I really enjoy getting feedback and having people view my stamps.

Thank you.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 12/10/2019   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So many countries to get through. Adding in more pages. learning a lot through this process. Number one, space out more, and get different sizes of the Vario sheets.

The largest collections so far: US, Mexico, Canada, China & Hong Kong, Israel, Spain. I really like the designs from Sweden, India, Mexico and China

Valued Member
Learn More...
237 Posts
Posted 12/11/2019   9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks great! If you get in to working on specific Israeli sets/years, let me know; have lot of duplicates.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 12/12/2019   12:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Andy, These are some of my additional Israel pages, still learning everyday. They are definitely beautiful stamps. Thank you for responding.

Edited by Mrita75 - 12/12/2019 12:15 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 12/15/2019   11:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
a few more from the world collection.

Netherlands, Switzerland, Vatican

Edited by Mrita75 - 12/15/2019 11:13 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 12/15/2019   1:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I Know these are all common - however wanted to share more of the additional countries - I am thinking my Aunt was going for general world with emphasis on Mexico.(Mexico and US are in separate posts)

France (very disorganized), Portugal, Belgium, Africa, South America, Central America

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 12/15/2019   5:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Germany, Norge - a South America I missed.

Edited by Mrita75 - 12/15/2019 6:07 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2024 Posts
Posted 12/15/2019   6:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All that and more and she never bothered with an album (if she knew they existed)?

For more Sweden, see:
http://goscf.com/t/61520
http://goscf.com/t/61455
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 12/15/2019   7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aside from Mexico, Sweden is my favorite. Amazing.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   10:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Africa, a couple of Monaco.

Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjbailey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks great! Was the collection fairly sorted before you started organizing or were they all in a pile? I'm dealing with a pile of international stamps and I find it almost overwhelming to try and figure out the countries. What's your method?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   10:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, It was semi sorted - yes VERY overwhelming. nothing in albums. I would take chunks at a time and every day for the past 2.5 weeks work on a couple of countries a day. I still have a ton of Canada that I have not placed in an album, of course US and Mexico. My Aunt had an envelope of to be sorted as well as individual envelopes with two counties included - so it was not one huge crazy pile :). I have really enjoyed sorting - therapeutic for some reason. Now I am a little sad that I have gone through most of the countries - I love the little surprises.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1449 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   2:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you're having lots of fun Mrita75
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   3:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Bobby, I have found a wonderful new hobby. Loving it.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 46 / Views: 2,629Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05