Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Making Progress With Collection - A Few Of My Favorites

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 12/17/2019   10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjbailey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mrita yes I am doing the same thing. I find it therapeutic as well. I purchased a grab bag online when I was done sorting through my U.S. stamps because I want to come as close to completing the albums as I can.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
446 Posts
Posted 12/17/2019   11:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Where did you buy the grab bag?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1707 Posts
Posted 12/17/2019   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been working exclusively on Machins for the past several months. Seeing Mrita75's pages is giving me WW pains. It might be time to start working on worldwide's again.

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 12/17/2019   11:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjbailey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mrita I bought it off of Mystic Stamp. I got a small one (200) because it was the first one I've purchased. I'd say about 35-40% were stamps pre-1960. I had fun with it!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
446 Posts
Posted 12/17/2019   8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The WW fun never ends. Republic of China, Japan, Thailand, Nepal, Vietnam, Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia….

Edited by Mrita75 - 12/17/2019 9:00 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
446 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
More China (Mint) 1982ish-1988 - have more to go, but ran out of VARIO. moving them from a cardboard Chinese stock book. Too bad I have not found the red monkey ;)

Edited by Mrita75 - 12/18/2019 5:51 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28448 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   6:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Caution with the last image.
Some plastics leach colour from stamps, rending them worthless.
Coin Pockets especially.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
446 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   6:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks rod - I will get more VARIO tomorrow so will move them ASAP!
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28448 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   6:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's a shame regarding shipping costs,
I have 200 or so Vario sheets, sitting in a drawer, I don't use many.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
446 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   7:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like they will have to hang out with some Italians until tomorrow :)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1707 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   7:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mrita,

You must be spending a fortune on those Vario pages.

Jack Kelley
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
446 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   7:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes :( I know I know. But as a novice, my priority is to try and get these stamps into a safe place. I Hope not to have to buy many more, or figure out how to get them cheaper.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
806 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You should check on eBay. I've found good deals on Vario pages there.

You can also take advantage of Lighthouse's occasional sales. They're having their annual Holiday Sale right now, with everything 20% off until January 21st. Here are the details from the e-mail they sent me:

Quote:
Dear Lighthouse Collector:

This is a friendly reminder that our annual Holiday Sale is in full swing: receive 20% OFF on your order by using Promo Code HSW19 at checkout on www.lighthouse.us or by mentioning the promo code if placing your order via phone or email.

The sale runs from now through January 21, 2020 and the promo code is valid on our entire collection of stamp, coin, and currency collecting supplies, including many new items (please see below).

The promo code can even be applied to already discounted items, which can be found in the "Outlet – Special offers" section on our website.

Lighthouse products make wonderful gifts. What better way to say Happy Holidays to that special collector in your life.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
446 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   10:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much erilaz. yes, it is starting to add up and I do not think that the order coming tomorrow will be the last I will need. I will definitely check out the sale. Nora.
Valued Member
Learn More...
204 Posts
Posted 12/18/2019   11:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again for sharing. You definitely have a lot of stamps from a lot of countries, but love that you are enthusiastic about it.

Do you think you will try to specialize on one or several countries/themes at some point, or are you just organizing right now?

~Andy
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05