Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott International Supplement Covering 1979

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

20 Posts
Posted 12/15/2019   02:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add swrdo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does the Scott XVI supplement cover stamps issued in 1979? I've apparently completely exhausted my search for the Minkus supplement for the period so guess I will put in Scott's but although the XVI states 1979 it isn't clear if it covers 1979 or was it issued in 1979 to cover 1978 issues. And then does anyone known have one for sale? Exhausted eBay on that search.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
Posted 12/15/2019   07:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you tried Subway or Amos to see if either has the 1979 Minkus supplement?

Dale
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
701 Posts
Posted 12/15/2019   6:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On both Subway Stamp Shop and Amos Advantage (Scott) websites, there are many supplements missing for the Minkus Global album. Unlike the Scott International album, Minkus worldwide supplements go in and out of print often. It's one reason I'd think people who collect the modern era (as opposed to the era up to the 1950s or so) might want to avoid that album. But that's just my opinion.

The Scott International XVI (16) supplement is identified as the 1980 supplement, not 1979.

https://www.amosadvantage.com/produ...-US-Zimbabwe

Based on how Scott catalogue dates work, you might think the 1980 supplement to the International album would cover up to 1980, meaning stamps from 1979. But I've bought some of the earlier Scott International album supplements and they cover the years indicated for them, 1950-53, 1960-64, or whatever. And since neither Amos Advantage (the Scott website) nor Subway Stamp Shop goes out of their way to correct that, meaning that neither website says what years the supplements "really" cover, I'd imagine they in fact cover the years advertised for them. When in doubt, though, I'd just call them and ask. I'm betting XVI/16 (1980) covers stamps for 1980. They'd be getting a lot of returns if they didn't cover the year they're labeled for, wouldn't you think?
Edited by DrewM - 12/15/2019 6:35 pm
Valued Member
20 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   01:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add swrdo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. Tried both. Good thought on which years covered. Guess I'll just buy the 1979 and hope you are right. Or as you say give them a call.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1171 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   11:20 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nola Stamp shop;

https://www.nolastampshop.com/scott...tured&page=2

Has both available and I've dealt with them and they are excellent. I'm sure if you asked them they would get you what you need.

I made a mistake on my last order and they noticed it and emailed me to be sure about the order before they mailed it. I was impressed.
Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   1:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, just contact Amos with your questions. I've had good luck in the past contacting them with questions that I had, but it may take from several days to a week to receive a reply.
Edited by Coastwatcher - 12/16/2019 1:05 pm
Pillar Of The Community
701 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   02:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just for the record, you can phone both Amos Advantage and Subway Stamp Shop and get an immediate answer if the customer service person is knowledgeable. I've done that many times.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05