Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Queen Victoria Plate Reconstruction Sheets

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 797Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

United States
647 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   10:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Moyock13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone have a lead on Penny Red plate reconstruction sheets?

I've found some in the UK, but shipping is killer!

Any in the US?

How about a CD or online files?

Stamp Smarter?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5040 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   12:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are these the ones you looked at? If so, did you ask about the postage cost for the leaves only? The binder will just be a standard A4 four-ring.

https://www.dauwalders.co.uk/queen-...-75329-p.asp
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
647 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   12:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it was. On eBay shipping is $19.80, for the $34 album and 6 sheets. Each sheet is $4 USD, didn't ask on shipping per sheet.

On the web site it looks like shipping is about $4 USD per sheet.

Just curious if these or something similar is sold in the US.
Edited by Moyock13 - 12/16/2019 12:26 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1499 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   2:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Moyock13,

Please see the links I provided here:

http://goscf.com/t/26280&whichpage=2

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
647 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   2:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bobby, thank you!

I'd like to find blank sheets, but I suppose I could make my own.

I have a meager penny red collection, but I'd like to dabble in plating. The links you've provided are great, thanks.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   5:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
647 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   5:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Saw that Rod. Thanks. Guess I'm having a tough time with the shipping cost. Just sent the seller a note asking if the CD will work with Apple/Mac.

Thanks Ken
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   6:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ken,
I was puzzled, why if it is a digital transfer, why one would need a CD as well?
Perhaps ask the vendor just for the digital example, CD not needed.

Opinion: Looks a bit like a Steiner Page (Steiner did not make recon sheets)
Not sure the quality is there, going by the eBay image.
I have been looking elsewhere.
I am not fond of the folded sheets of 240.

Edited by rod222 - 12/16/2019 6:05 pm
Learn More...
8371 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   6:10 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll look into developing a set of free pages.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5040 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   6:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't tell very well from the picture, but it looks like one of the pages for the plate 71-225 plates, not a page for plate reconstruction, which is for a mock sheet of 240 stamps from a particular plate - eg plate 80. If you wanted a single sheet, you could design your own on A3 or whatever the appropriate large paper size is. You then run into storage problems, hence the folding design.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6901 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   6:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Way before computers I re-constructed the 1st issue of The Netherlands. Since a sheet of stamps is 100 stamps divided in 4 separate panes of 25 I used 4 pages per plate.

Peter
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   6:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll look into developing a set of free pages.

Yay!
...but don't you have enough on your plate already, Don?

Quote:
You then run into storage problems, hence the folding design.

Personally I would go with Peter's route,
240 divided into A4 (or similar) pages.
Edited by rod222 - 12/16/2019 6:40 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5040 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   6:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you don't need a folding design, you can, as Peter says, easily do it yourself with pen and ink or on a computer.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
647 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   7:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So, we will find out. I went ahead and ordered the CD, I felt better considering it was for research and development!

But at the same time the seller says that he will send a digital copy too.

Don, that would be really great!

I also considered just drawing our a sheet using a spreadsheet tool. If the digital/CD pdf files don't work out, I'm sure another solution will become available by DIY or...?
Learn More...
8371 Posts
Posted 12/16/2019   8:35 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I am headed in this direction and could have this done tomorrow. Now would be a good time to speak up if the desire is for something different...

The stamp space size is 25mmx29mm (.98" x 1.14") which supports stamps in a mount. Page size is 8.5 x11 and offset to support hole punches.
Don
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 12/17/2019   12:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!
Fabulous Don..
Possible without images of Her Majesty?
Mounting would be OK for my main collection, but I intend to hinge the duplicates, worried the ink may transfer?
But, push comes to shove, I'll take anything.
You have done a cracker job there.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 797Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05