Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Valuation Help Of Small Stockbook With Stamps

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,245Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Sweden
32 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   09:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ubiyca to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello! I got a small stockbook from a relative that gave up stamp collecting but knew I was into it. I'm not totally new to stamps so I feel lazy and wondered if there is something in here that is of any value, or what the total value might be?!

My smartphone is broken, so the pictures is taken with an old mobile phone so I apologize for the blurry quality of some pictures but I hope it's possible to identify the stamps anyway.

Thank you very much!
And merry X mas! /DAN

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff
Edited by ubiyca - 12/21/2019 09:41 am

Pillar Of The Community
3257 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   09:47 am  Show Profile Check jogil's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jogil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a much better than average collection overall that has some good value.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rdavid to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. Check the Papal States carefully. They can be tricky with reprints and forgeries.
Valued Member
Sweden
32 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   11:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ubiyca to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the papal states are tricky. I believe about half of these are genuine. So I guess I got a good gift from my cousin! Thanks for answering.
Edited by ubiyca - 12/21/2019 11:08 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4707 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with JOGIL, lots of better stamps with research needed to value them . Need to be checked for perforations ,watermarks ,reprints,fakes and cancels .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
875 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   11:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rgstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like fun collection to analyze.
Not much on this board about Hong Kong stamps but I think this is popular area right now
The unused 5c ultramarine is really nice looking stamp although not a high value stamp per se.

Unfortunately it appears the imperforate 10c Washington in USA page is likely trimmed Scott 35 to look like Imperforate. That jumped out at me initially as more valuable stamp but appears altered
Valued Member
Sweden
32 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   11:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ubiyca to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 10c Washington lacks gum on the back and appears to be unused, if that's helpful. If it's a cut stamp then it's been washed.
Which 5c ultramarine do you mean in the hong kong section?!
Edited by ubiyca - 12/21/2019 11:50 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
875 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   12:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rgstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
10c Washington looks like perforated Scott 35 with trimmed off perforations. (Altered to look like a valuable Scott 13. From scan it looks like it has a light cancel but I can't tell. This is a common fake move! If it is trimmed it has essentially no value

The 5c Hong Kong ultramarine unused in second row is well centered. (1st stamp) Pretty stamp . Likely Scott 40 (30$). Watermark test needed because It could also be a scott 11 (475$)
Valued Member
Sweden
32 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   12:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ubiyca to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 5c has watermark "C C" on the back.

Here comes a few more pictures from the stockbook I got, then I've shown all.
Valued Member
Sweden
32 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   12:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ubiyca to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
the rest:

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3515 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   12:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A very nice collection with some better items here and there. Many are difficult to identify from these pictures, but I like the Hong Kong blocks, various Great Britain, and some of the early Germany (Baden). All look great though. Once you get more opinions, it is probably better to scan some items to give us a good view. Congrats, and keep up the hobby.
Valued Member
Sweden
32 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   1:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ubiyca to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Partime - Thank you very much! Yes, I will keep these stamps I got from my kind cousin and not sell them.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
875 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   1:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rgstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the CC watermark on Hong Kong is more valuable than the CA if I remember. That would make your stamp more valuable . I'm not an expert on Hong Kong but recently went through an old 19th century collection so some of it fresh on my brain
Valued Member
United States
293 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   2:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Queen Victoria watermark 1 (CC) is definitely worth more than the watermark 2 (CA). The 5c ultramarine has a CV of $500-600.
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   6:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjbailey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What a beautiful collection! The way they're organized is very satisfying as well.
Valued Member
Sweden
32 Posts
Posted 12/21/2019   6:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ubiyca to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol the moderators moved my thread to this one, but my cousin is alive and well (atleast he was yesterday) and not dead. He gave up collecting stamps, not life. :)
Edited by ubiyca - 12/21/2019 6:45 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 1,245Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05