Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Germany 1946 12pf Dark Greenish Gray ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Cyprus
41 Posts
Posted 12/23/2019   6:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add nicos to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello
I'm sorry for asking too much!
Is this stamp dark greenish gray ?

[code][[URL="https://up.top4top.net/][/url]/code]
[code][/co[URL="https://up.top4top.net/][/url]de]
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4461 Posts
Posted 12/23/2019   6:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No ....It is regular gray.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Cyprus
41 Posts
Posted 12/23/2019   6:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nicos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This picture is from Google
[URL="https://up.top4top.net/][/url]
Valued Member
Spain
162 Posts
Posted 12/24/2019   1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello.
I'm sure it's not red.
Regards.

Valued Member
160 Posts
Posted 12/24/2019   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hornet785 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Here color 920a and 920b under Michel Cat.

Hornet

Valued Member
Cyprus
41 Posts
Posted 01/19/2020   10:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nicos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
[code[URL="https://top4top.io/][/url]][/code]
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3486 Posts
Posted 01/19/2020   11:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Paper is yellowed, giving the stamp a different appearance.

Please show the back so we can see the expertizer's mark. Thanks.
Edited by bookbndrbob - 01/19/2020 11:49 am
Pillar Of The Community
6751 Posts
Posted 01/19/2020   11:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
nicos...I believe it is greenish/grey...Just an opinion
Robert

Valued Member
Cyprus
41 Posts
Posted 01/19/2020   1:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nicos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Robert
I ask because I suspect it resembles the stamp of this auction:
https://www.cherrystoneauctions.com...ntry=GERMANY
Valued Member
33 Posts
Posted 01/19/2020   2:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uweinnh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
But that one has a BPP certificate.
I would not bid on a stamp worth more than $100 catalogue value
without a BPP certificate. And even those are forged these days...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4461 Posts
Posted 01/19/2020   3:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NICOS ---That is not the way we answer people here .
Pillar Of The Community
6751 Posts
Posted 01/19/2020   3:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

nicos...We try here to exchange information, ideas, opinions...That's all....

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3486 Posts
Posted 01/19/2020   4:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I certainly agree with the statements above.

From many years ago, I still have a specialized collection (dedicated album) of this series, including color ranges for all of the stamps. None of these colors are expertized.

In fact, I don't believe any knowledgeable Germany area collector would buy something described by a seller as a Michel-listed color variety without a certificate or expertizer's mark.

There are no color varieties identified as such in my Germany collection which are not signed, or without certificate/attest.

You buy at your own peril when you guess, or believe what you want to believe, concerning these colors.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05