Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Netherlands : Stamps On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 1,781Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar Of The Community
675 Posts
Posted 03/06/2021   03:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, I think the ATM stamps (automaatzegels) indeed are counter stamps from a Hytech machine. The thermal printing tends to fade.

True machine-issued stamps were introduced in 1989. You could buy them when the counters were closed. They were from Klussendorf machines. I think I remember seeing a machine at the Rotterdam main post office. That was inside, so if the post office closed, you still could not buy stamps. In Germany, you find them in the streets and in Braga, Portugal, I used one when the office was closed as it was inserted in the office's window. I have been in many Spanish post offices. I cannot remember ever noticing one.

The one in Rotterdam was the only one I ever saw in the Netherlands. Already at that time post offices were being closed. I do not dare to say whether or not there still exists a true post office. There are many points of sale in shops.

If my information is correct, these machines were in use until the year 2000.

DAVO had pages for those original ones.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by NSK - 03/06/2021 03:36 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31656 Posts
Posted 03/06/2021   03:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Pages NSK.
My Catalogue only shows 2 releases, 1989 and 1996 For Klussendorf and Frama.

Pillar Of The Community
675 Posts
Posted 03/06/2021   06:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I count three. Under 2B, they show the re-release of labels from a Nagler machine. I stopped collecting Dutch stamps after privatisation of PTT Post. I never saw the FRAMA or Nagler labels.

The two stamps shown above 2A and 2B show two value types. The left was imprinted in black and is a 1996 FRAMA type. The right was imprinted in red (or as the catalogue entry reads wine red) and was from a 1997 Nagler machine.

The second set, released in 1991 appears to be listed under 1 S4, 1 S8, 1 S12, etc. The philatelic bureau sold the additional values added in 1991 separately.
Edited by NSK - 03/06/2021 06:27 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31656 Posts
Posted 03/06/2021   06:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that, I'll keep a lookout for them in my sort lots.

Roller Precancel Update.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31656 Posts
Posted 03/06/2021   07:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Frama Catalogue
Assistance from Johan B.

Netherlands PERFINS

Edited by rod222 - 03/07/2021 01:01 am
Pillar Of The Community
675 Posts
Posted 03/06/2021   07:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Antoon Jurgens was a margarine manufacturer. Its big competitor was Van den Bergh. In 1927 they merged into the Margarine Unie. They merged with the British Lever Brothers soap manufacturers. Since 1 January 1930, Margarine Unie and Lever Brothers operate under the name Unilever. Van den Bergh & Jurgens still exists as margerine manufacturing division.
Edited by NSK - 03/06/2021 07:55 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31656 Posts
Posted 03/06/2021   5:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fascinating, thanks NSK, Unilever well known to me.

A Ragout of Paraphanalia........

Mutilated Stationery
Did I once count all the 2.5c values on this stamp 68 times?

Sticker Identified Here
http://goscf.com/t/12340

Cinderellas / Dummy Stamps
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31656 Posts
Posted 03/06/2021   6:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Armenwet Officials.
Counterfeits exist

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31656 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   12:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Automatic Vending Machine Booklet Pages. 1965-1968
Ordinary and Phosphorescent papers.
N.V.P.H
Cat# 3 1x10c 5 x 18c
Cat# 6 5 x 20c
Cat# 7 5 x 12c, 2 x 20c

Pillar Of The Community
675 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   3:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I ran into this site that is very interesting.

http://www.ateeme.net/castellaw/cholanda.htm

The section about Dutch ATM stamps is in Spanish.

An index of pages for other countries

http://www.ateeme.net/castellaw/cworld_ang.htm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31656 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   4:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2 wonderful links, thanks NSK

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31656 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

"Christmas Greetings from the Australian Post Office"

An Aussie young Lady collecting Stamps
She was in Papua New Guinea in 1950

......and I have her Stamp Album
Her preference was Woodstock.

Pillar Of The Community
675 Posts
Posted 03/07/2021   5:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The hotel burned down in 1977.
Edited by NSK - 03/07/2021 5:34 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31656 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   12:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you NSK
Dealer's Glassine.
Googled without result, Stamp collectors passing as the sands of time...

B Wiersma, Roermond
NVPH = Dutch Union of Stamp Traders

Edited by rod222 - 03/30/2021 01:11 am
Pillar Of The Community
675 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   02:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The number of stamp dealers has decreased over time. In the 1980s each town of some size had a stamp shop. I lived in one that had about 15,000 inhabitants. It had a stamp shop. Now, even a town with 120,000+ inhabitants may not have a stamp shop.

Importa was a manufacturer of storage solutions for collectors (primarily stamps and coins). They were based in Uden. A few years ago, they discontinued their business. About a year later, someone started producing some of their products again, using the brand name "Importa."
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 1,781Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05