Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Netherlands : Stamps On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 71 / Views: 2,879Next Topic
Page: of 5
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   08:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jan.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
9892 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   09:14 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...Rod, I think the ATM stamps (automaatzegels) indeed are counter stamps from a Hytech machine. The thermal printing tends to fade...

NSK is correct. I was an engineer and Project manger for a number of kiosk and retail devices over the years. As such, I was involved with discovery, testing and implementation of a number of thermal printers.

Thermal print does indeed fade over time and will eventually disappear altogether, it is a matter of time and is the nature of the paper and printing technology in the 1990s and 2000s. (The specification back then was 5-7 years.) I know of no way to stop this from happening so I recommend that collectors digitize their material that has thermal printing.
Don
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   09:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cheers Don,
Indeed, I digitise my thermal pieces when identified.
Same with Traders counter print outs, (Hardware shops) etc
when you need receipts for the tax accountant.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 06/16/2021   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Miscellany.
Dealer's Glassines.

Coded Message

Sc#678 1986
Thematic: Windmills.

Booklet. (Semi Postal)
Sc#B619
Antique Measuring Instruments.
50c+ Balance
70c+"Revealer of Profundities" (Jacob's Staff)

Edited by rod222 - 06/16/2021 3:19 pm
Pillar Of The Community
1115 Posts
Posted 06/16/2021   4:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If I remember correctly, the top glassine was used at post offices and contained the set of annual Child Welfare (kinderpostzegels) stamps.

The "coded message" is a rebus prize draw related to the Child Welfare stamps:

zes - tig - maal - kinder(en) - postzegel + s = zestig maal kinderpostzegels (sixty times Child Welfare stamps). The Netherlands was the second country to issue Child Welfare stamps, in 1924 (first: 1912 Switzerland, Pro Juventute). They were not issued during the war years 1942 - 1944. 1986, therefore, saw the sixtieth issue.
Edited by NSK - 06/16/2021 4:30 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 06/16/2021   4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fascinating, thanks NSK.
(Too late to pick up the Ford Fiesta )
added "rebus" to my lexicon, that was new to me.
Edited by rod222 - 06/16/2021 4:27 pm
Pillar Of The Community
1115 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   09:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One can see that only combinations are mentioned. Single stamps are no longer mentioned. Apparantley the nvph thinks that these stamps no longer exist. These single stamps were only available from booklets and should therefore be mentioned in this section and not anywhere else, let alone not at all.

I, recently, bought a 2015 edition of the NVPH Speciale Catalogus. The individual stamps are listed under the basic stamps in the main catalogue section.
Pillar Of The Community
1115 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

I wonder if your 25 cent "Juliana Regina" stamp on page 2 is the original issue. The difference in the reds used for the frame and centre is less pronounced in the 1969 version than it is in the 1973 version.

Below shows the 1973 one and stamp book 9-h at the bottom left of the pane's stub not cover as billsey suggested on page 1. This example is the original stamp printed on phosphor-coated paper. It also exists on "ordinary" paper. Under a uv lamp (I used long wave here), the two phosphor-coated paper types are quite distinct. That of the original printing shows a yellow reaction, the 1973 type turns bright white.

All 25 cent stamps in this series were only issued in stamp books.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi NSK
I presume you are referencing
http://goscf.com/t/70915&whichpage=2#684574 br /

Unfortunately, I have no UV Lamp, being in the country, I rarely go to
stamp shows now. Been confused at what to buy from the internet,
hence the status quo.
Pillar Of The Community
1115 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed I am. The difference between the 1969 25 cents and 1973 25 cents is clear even to the naked eye.

Those in the book are the 1969 ones: the border colour is close to the centre colour. The single stamp is the 1973 one. The border is more pinkish and markedly different from the centre.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 10/22/2021   11:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Understood.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33518 Posts
Posted 11/21/2021   5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Western Australia
The Wreck of the BATAVIA

Made from Trees from Saxony and Lubeck

"I think the oldest tree ring that we have found in a plank comes from a tree that started growing in 1342, and I think from a frame 1340 or so."

She said a ship like the Batavia would use at least 700 trees.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11...ts/100632280

Research Paper
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/a...pone.0259391

Edited by rod222 - 11/21/2021 5:16 pm
Pillar Of The Community
1115 Posts
Posted 11/22/2021   08:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This was reconstructed some time ago and is a tourist attraction

https://www.batavialand.nl/en/
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 71 / Views: 2,879Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05