Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Latest Purchase This New Year

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 620Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
Posted 01/02/2020   9:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add moldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This one came today all the way from Australia to Georgia usa
Sg# 193a Man with tail flaw. It's used but as you can see a very light cancel.

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29912 Posts
Posted 01/02/2020   9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely Sc#163 variety ! congratulations.

Keep an eye out for a "Fish in Sydney Cove"
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1422 Posts
Posted 01/02/2020   11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob041256 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi moldman

There are three varieties on the one sheet. The stamps below is on the lower part of a pane of 40 stamps; 4 across and 10 down, The extra 4 stamps are from the second pane.

The "Man with tail" is the first stamp on row 7 (7/1)
The "Pantaloon" is the 2nd stamp on row 10 (10/2)
The "Koala in tree" is the 3rd stamp on row 10 (10/3)

It is catalogued in the ACSC #175

The cancellation on your stamp is so fine you can hardly see it, and the variety is easy to see.

Edited by Rob041256 - 01/02/2020 11:38 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1422 Posts
Posted 01/02/2020   11:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob041256 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be looking out for that "fish".
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   1:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moldman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Never seen the "FISH" before but I will be on the look for it. thanks Rob.
Hope you'er not in the way of those fires.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1422 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob041256 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fortunately I'm near the Beach and there is no bush near me, though the air has been smelling of smoke since the fires began, and ash falling on us. The sun is now either a dark orange or red.

Being asthmatic it does make me cough a lot and feel a little nauseous, but I feel quite lucky that I'm not caught in the fires.

I'll show what the sun looks like when I download the images from my phone.

P.S. I should have mentioned that row 7 is the first row, and the "man with tail" is the first stamp on the top left.

Rob
Edited by Rob041256 - 01/04/2020 7:49 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29912 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   7:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Extraordinary generosity.......
The American lass (singer) "Pink" has pledged $500,000 to the bushfire appeal.
Goodness in the world, is often hidden.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
649 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   7:37 pm  Show Profile Check 64idgaf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 64idgaf to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

No surprise she has done that. She was more popular here than anywhere else in the world and once toured for three months in Oz. She made plenty here and it is great of here to give such a substantial sum back.

I will be posting some bushfire appeal auction lots in here later today.

John
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 620Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05