Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Germany,allied Occupation

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Romania
86 Posts
Posted 01/03/2020   05:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add cupram to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
They are different stamps of West Saxony.
I think they are: Michel 117Y, 117BXb, 128Y and 121X.
The only question is that top right stamp have violet-red color?
The other stamp have violet-grey color.
Thank you for posting the two colors (if you have) for see the difference.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
Posted 01/03/2020   08:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have the catalog in front of me but the lower case "b" in the expertizer's mark "BXb" represents the color tone.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Romania
86 Posts
Posted 01/03/2020   09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately it is not an expert mark. The name of the expert does not appear.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
241 Posts
Posted 01/03/2020   11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EMaxim to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From a scan I can tell red from blue, but when it's a matter of distinguishing hues a scan isn't really good enough, is it? So although an opinion here may seem to help, doesn't one really need to view the actual stamps in natural light? (Even then I often struggle.)
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
Posted 01/05/2020   11:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Germania to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
cupram,
I have had more time to look at your stamps. The 117BXb catalogs 2400 euros ** and approximately 60% of that for *. The designation "BXb" should read vertically down on the left rather than horizontal as shown, which makes it a little suspicious. I would not buy this stamp without a current Attest.

The LL stamp cannot be 128, that would be the 5 Pf stamp. It also does not appear to be perforated K13:12.

I would carefully check the perforation measurements on all 3 stamps.
Valued Member
Romania
86 Posts
Posted 01/06/2020   03:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you germania,
I was wrong,no Mi#128Y,it is #121Y (private perforation L10 3/4 not registered by Michel)
I have these stamps.The inscription on the back of the stamp drew my attention to the color. I do not think it is written by the expert.
I want to know if it is appropriate to send the stamp to the expert.

Valued Member
Romania
86 Posts
Posted 01/06/2020   03:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another set of Mi#117 made in sun light:

Doesn't anyone have the 2 colors to post them to see the color difference?Thank you.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05