Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stock Book Loaded With 1800s & 1900s US Stamps (Many MNH) Huge Cv$$$

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 831Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
298 Posts
Posted 01/03/2020   9:17 pm  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add pascoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Up for bid, a small green stock book, with 16 pages, each loaded with US stamps. Some used, many MNH. Ranging from SC# 114 to 3 and 4 cent issues. Includes air mail stamps as well.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/283726117410

See high res scans for details, which have key stamps highlighted in green boxes:
SC# 114
220a
220c

Includes many precancels, perfin, purple cancel, pairs, coils, imperforate, 2 cent Nebr, 2 cent red commemoratives

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5994 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   12:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So people are bidding on glassine because they damn sure cannot see any stamps.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
298 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   11:27 am  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your interest rodgcam. What advice would you offer in this situation? Did you look at all the images provided in the eBay auction?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5994 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   11:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If I am buying stamps I like to see stamps. If they are album pages or stock pages of stamps I still want to see stamps. Not every one individually but at least a page view that shows that there are not corners missing etc. or whether or not they are all badly centered. A good view would benefit you as the seller. No?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5483 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   12:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you have a stock-book that uses foil, rather than glassine or linen, use that. Otherwise, use Hagners or other stock-sheets. At present, the assumption is that you're relying on a bidder gambling that there's something OK.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
691 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   1:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moyock13 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I concur, it's really tough to see through the glassine. I looked at the images provided on eBay. I would offer this advise, at least provide scans of the key stamps uncovered.

You have quite a few bidders that are very trusting. I for one would not bid unless there were clear scans.
Pillar Of The Community
3503 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   1:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pascoe, Would YOU bid on a lot that showcased the material so poorly?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3696 Posts
Posted 01/04/2020   2:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would be very hesitant to bid on the book based on the pictures. Key stamps need to be pulled out and scanned more clearly. Just my opinion.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 831Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 13.87 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05