Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's Get To Know Mouse/Rat

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19
Pillar Of The Community
France
978 Posts
Posted 02/12/2020   12:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
2877 Posts
Posted 02/12/2020   01:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A mouse is among the many animals and plants pictured on the Belgian sheet featuring woodland creatures, "The Week of the Forest", 2004. It is probably the small woodmouse Apodemus sylvaticus.

The "battle" of flowers, 1970, stamp shows one of the floats in the annual flower parade, but I have no idea what a mouse is doing up front!
Pillar Of The Community
France
978 Posts
Posted 02/12/2020   01:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kris,I assume the theme chosen for this float was "Cinderella"
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
2877 Posts
Posted 02/13/2020   12:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Remy the Rat is the main character in the story "Ratatouille" and he does have a strange story to tell. It has even been made into a Disney movie. The stamp also features Alfredo Linguini, the boy Remy helped when he was in trouble. 2011
Pillar Of The Community
France
978 Posts
Posted 02/13/2020   01:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Even mice can read children books.
Edited by vayolene - 02/13/2020 03:26 am
Valued Member
398 Posts
Posted 02/13/2020   09:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Vayolene, your Battle of Flowers reminds me an old cartoon I saw when I was a kid, which I almost forget. And when I saw it I did not pay much attention to the mice. But when I watch it today, it's interesting and glad to see the mice from a new perspective, as well as nostalgic to see the chief story line, thanks a lot!

Pillar Of The Community
Germany
2877 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   12:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another mouse in trouble, having been discovered by a barn owl. 2006
Valued Member
398 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   08:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, the one in big trouble might be a deer mouse, I see some white hairs under its belly!

Quote:
A deer mouse looks like a house mouse to many people, but there are differences. A house mouse is usually one color, although the color is lighter on their undersides than their topsides. Deer mice are distinguished by white feet, legs, and undersides. Their tails are white on the underside. The hair on the rest of their body is often gray or brown. A deer mouse has larger eyes and ears than a house mouse has. It is also slightly larger, measuring about seven to nine inches from head to tail. A house mouse is about five inches from head to tail. Both have poor eyesight and rely heavily on their senses of smell and hearing to find food or evade predators. Deer mice prefer to live in rural areas rather in the urban areas that house mice prefer. However, both species are adaptable and can be found anywhere. A house mouse will eat food wherever it finds it. The deer mice are gatherers and store their food supply. Neither hibernates.

https://pestkill.org/mice/different-types/
Edited by idebee - 02/14/2020 11:42 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France
978 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   1:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One more fairy tale with a toad,a mouse,a pumpkin...
Valued Member
398 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   8:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One more fairy tale with a toad,a mouse,a pumpkin..
And a fairy with a magincal wand, and in a starry night. It must be a good dream! The wonderful design reminds me of this stamp:

Cactus Mouse & Rattlesnake

Snake vs rat is a commonly seen design of ancient pot design. There is an old saying that snakes eat mice for half year, while mice eat snakes for the other half. :-)

Mickey is surely an exception and always the winner. :-)

Edited by idebee - 02/14/2020 11:35 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
2877 Posts
Posted 02/15/2020   01:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A lovely grey rat in front of the mountain panorama of Bhutan for the lunar calendar 2016.

Pillar Of The Community
France
978 Posts
Posted 02/15/2020   09:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice souvenir sheet from Romania for New Year of the Rat
Valued Member
398 Posts
Posted 02/15/2020   10:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One reason for mice to be auspicious in the year of rat is there reproductive ability, and they are oftern depicted together with grapes as a good hope for many children. But I am wondering how exactly many can they reproduce?

(Digital postmark, Xinjiang, China, 2020.01.05)

How many babies do mice usually have?

It's amazing if allowing them to go into the next years! They are certainly more reproductive and menacing than the grapes!
https://pestkill.org/mice/how-many-babies/
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
2877 Posts
Posted 02/16/2020   01:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A lovely couple in what looks like a cherry tree in bloom for the new year from French Polynesia.
Pillar Of The Community
France
978 Posts
Posted 02/16/2020   03:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not many people know that rats are actually good musicians !
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 3.29 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05