Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Let's Get To Know Mouse/Rat

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
2967 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   01:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The third stamp in the Isle of Man set for this year shows the happy rat enjoying the flowers. I wonder what he found to eat.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France
1052 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   07:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Year of the rat" souvenir sheet from Azerbaijan.
Very nice graphism,and a rat-shaped "20"
Edited by vayolene - 02/19/2020 07:49 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
124 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wannahocalugie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just found out that there are "The Rescuers" stamps that were offered in Grenada Grenadines and St. Vincent. I loved that movie when my son was younger. This is not mine yet, borrowed image.
Valued Member
403 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Vayolene, interestin stamps of Azerbaijan! Here is a rat shaped in 2020.

Hi, Kris, your prehensile/gripping tail rat looks a little like possum#65281;

Pillar Of The Community
Germany
2967 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   01:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The fourth in the Isle of Man set shows the rat again among the flowers. Idebee, indeed the tiny mountain pygmy possum (Burramys parvus) isn't a mouse or a rat, but a marsupial and lives in higher altitudes in Australia. They are quite endangered as a species. But you're right, real rats do not have a prehensile tail!
Edited by Kris Rascher - 02/20/2020 01:59 am
Pillar Of The Community
France
1052 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Year of the Rat" souvenir sheet from Bulgaria
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
2967 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   12:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A rat for the Year of the rat in 1997! Nowadays he might bump into a satellite at that altitude.
Pillar Of The Community
France
1052 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   1:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Saul Adler was an expert on parasitology.
He worked on transmission of diseases between rodents and sandflies.
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
2967 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   12:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another high-flying rat! This one at least has a cloud to sit on.
Valued Member
403 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   01:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add idebee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In China, people generally don't think a dog can catch mice, and there is even an old idiom going like so meddlesome as a dog to catch mice, or mind your own business! But it is interesting to find out that it's actually not the case, at least in some other parts of the world.

Quote:
Then, I did some research online and discovered that cats will only occasionally bringing home a rodent prey just to brag about it, but they're not as prone to catching them. Dogs, on the other hand, are the ideal solution to any rat problem. There are certain breeds that were specially created to control the rat population.

When Terriers Attack: Working Dogs Return to Their Rat-Hunting Roots
https://modernfarmer.com/2014/06/ra...-terriermen/

Top 10 Dog Breeds Ideal for Catching Rats
https://pethelpful.com/dogs/Top-10-...atching-Rats

(Dogs, 1989)

I have to take a new look at my dog stamps thanks to the mice!
Edited by idebee - 02/22/2020 02:12 am
Pillar Of The Community
France
1052 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   03:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Souvenir sheet from Macau for Year of the Rat,but back in 1996
Pillar Of The Community
France
1052 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   09:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maus Kätti Fountain (stamp from Luxembourg)

https://statues.vanderkrogt.net/obj...record=lu074
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
2967 Posts
Posted 02/23/2020   01:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The fountain in Bonndorf shows a scene from the story of Ketti the Mouse written by Auguste Liesch. It is based on Aesop's fable of the country mouse and the city mouse. Here the two mouse friends are getting into trouble with two cats and have caused a major upset in the cafe.

(I very much enjoyed looking at this fountain when I was last there.)
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
2967 Posts
Posted 02/23/2020   12:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kris Rascher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A Sunday evening riddle for friends of rats and mice: A mouse on its way home with a nut is in deep trouble - where?
Pillar Of The Community
France
1052 Posts
Posted 02/25/2020   02:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two meter cuts with advertisements for the "Holiday Mouse" in Hagen (Germany)
"Boredom? Not in Hagen! With the Holiday Mouse there's fun everyday"

Edited by vayolene - 02/25/2020 02:42 am
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05