Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Trying My Hand At Fly Specking. Comparing Two 165's...

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
6765 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   9:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hab
Vacation...????
I presume you are referring to the white spots as the arrows below on the picture show...????

Robert

I you are referring to this, print job runs happen over hours and hours...Ink dries and becomes tacky and not as flowing as should be...Most large not inked spots can be caused by pieces of paper adhering to the plate not allowing ink to be printed until found and removed or falls off.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Canada
90 Posts
Posted 01/24/2020   4:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hab to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hab
Vacation...????
I presume you are referring to the white spots as the arrows below on the picture show...????

"snip"

print job runs happen over hours and hours...Ink dries and becomes tacky and not as flowing as should be...Most large not inked spots can be caused by pieces of paper adhering to the plate not allowing ink to be printed until found and removed or falls off.

Yes, sorry that is exactly what I was referring to when I said "vacations" in the colour. It is a term used in tattooing (I am a collector of those as well haha) when bits of colour are missing in an otherwise solid colour area. Since stamps are new to me I am not sure if there are always specific terms for these things.

So basically those are completely random. I am assuming then that maybe the fact both of those I showed have the marks around the curl of the C, it is probably just an area that is prone to holding the bits of paper or clumps dried ink that you speak of rather than a "mistake" persay?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05