Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott Regular Plate Block Album Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 605Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1929 Posts
Posted 01/20/2020   4:53 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Stamps1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am moving my US plate block collection into Scott albums. I cannot for the life of me find any provision on my new pages for #1597, a common fifteen center from 1975. I have a plate strip of 20 and sort of doubt they format it that way. But could anyone using that album let me know what page it is on? Scott albums do not number their pages but maybe what it shares a page with? I suspect the page may be missing from the set I bought from Amos. Any input appreciated.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
398 Posts
Posted 01/20/2020   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My Scott Regular and Air Plate Block Album has a page for the large plate block of 20 of #1597, dated 1978. If your page set does not, contact Amos Publishing and ask them for a replacement for the missing page.

Find your page showing the 1975-81 American Definitives. There will be spaces for 5 plate blocks - 1591 thru 1594 (9 - 12) plus 1599 (16).

The next page will have a space for a PB of 12 of #1596 (13).

The next page is the one you want. Yes, Scott did format the page for the PB of 20, but did not allow enough frame line clearance for the PBs when Scott mounts are used. That is a common problem with EVERY Scott album page - the frames fit the stamps only if you hinge them.

Note that I add the visible Scott numbers to ALL of my album. I'm weird that way.

See the scans below

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by uboatnut - 01/20/2020 6:29 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1929 Posts
Posted 01/20/2020   9:10 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I posted a reply over an hour ago, it's not showing. Anyway..

THANKS for your help. You went to some trouble and I appreciate it. Will contact Amos re this. Terrific.
Edited by Stamps1962 - 01/20/2020 9:11 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
131 Posts
Posted 01/21/2020   7:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chipshot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I too appreciate the trouble you went to to show how you manage your collection. Very nicely done!
1 Posts
Posted 07/28/2020   07:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tony68 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What size mount do you use for Scott no 1597
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
398 Posts
Posted 07/28/2020   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use a #951 (265 x 59mm) Scott mount. That's 59mm high; the PB is placed in the mount sideways, and then the whole thing turned 90 to mount vertically on the page. This means the mount is open at the top and bottom of the page.

Do not use Scotch tape to close the bottom as the adhesive can damage the stamp over time. The PB will stay in by itself under normal use and storage.
Edited by uboatnut - 07/28/2020 10:23 am
Valued Member
United States
13 Posts
Posted 08/24/2020   11:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gjmmaddog to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How are those mounted stamps secured onto the album page.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
398 Posts
Posted 08/24/2020   1:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott and Prinz mounts attach to the page like stamps used to attach to envelopes - with water-activated adhesive on the back. Just lick and stick.

Mounts are split-backed so you need only anchor one side, which makes it easy to remove the stamp when desired.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 605Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05