Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Little Fish On Back Of Queen Isabella II Stamp? And Advice On Paper Type

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 318Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 01/20/2020   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Mrita75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Today I looked a some of my early Spanish (including some Spanish West Indies stamps with Isabella on them) I was very pleased that watermarks are really much easier to find and I have pretty much IDed most...until I found this one... which looks darker in real life - picture looks lighter.

I tried over and over to find watermark 104 or 105 - but I am not seeing it. What I did find was a little fish on the back which seems to not belong - any idea what that little fish is doing there? The no watermark version would be on White smooth paper - but the paper seems more rough yellowish to me. Last option - maybe a forgery. Any thoughts are welcome.

Thank you.

Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29706 Posts
Posted 01/20/2020   5:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fish.
It can be either a collectors "possessive" damage mark.
Or an "expertisers" mark.

https://www.filatelia.fi/experts/namesa.html#f
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 01/20/2020   5:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"possessive" damage mark was my fear - wow..let me check it out. It was funny to find a little fish though
Valued Member
29 Posts
Posted 01/20/2020   6:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add r.cebrian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's original, no watermark.
watermark cross lines:

watermark "lazos":

Cancel carthweel, regards.
Edited by r.cebrian - 01/20/2020 6:32 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 318Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05