Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Here Are A Few Spain Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
6765 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi
I only collect Canada and Provinces, but I have thousands of WW stamps that I do not have time to get to.
Opened a box and scanned a few for a post here.

Robert

Here is one of the stamps that has a great offset on the back.

Opinions welcome
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6670 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert have you considered getting a hobby ? Just kidding of course.

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
6765 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Peter...
I will cut back on WW stamp posts here and concentrate on Canada only.
Back to Canada forum.

Have a good day guys....Robert
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
434 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing Robert - I like the WWs and specifically Spain is of interest to me - along with others (Ha!). I also was impressed with offset (now I know what to call that) and for me the ease of watermark identification was exciting.

I dug into a few of my Reina Isabella IIs to try to check and categorize - here are a few (note - I recognize my Scott#s could be off - my first attempt). Now I am the one that needs to get a hobby - I am all over the WW place - but I love it. :)

Valued Member
29 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add r.cebrian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting!

Pillar Of The Community
6765 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mrita75...Never even thought about looking at watermarks, cause do not have any kind of a specialized Spain Catalouge.

Robert
Valued Member
29 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   3:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add r.cebrian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wert:

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
434 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes :) you beat me to the punch r. cebrian - Robert: check these images out. These stamps I show are actually Isabella II stamps from Cuba (Spanish West Indies) - you can see the watermarks really well.

Edited by Mrita75 - 01/22/2020 3:38 pm
Valued Member
29 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   3:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add r.cebrian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wert, this is blue paper

Wmk loops.
it seems displaced, I don't see well.
Edifil 40 - cv: 1€ but great cancel and possible wmk displaced.
Edited by r.cebrian - 01/22/2020 3:49 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2427 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   7:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget the loops wmk comes in 3 Types:

Pillar Of The Community
6765 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
WOW..Almost as complicated as Newfoundland stamps...haha

Thanks guys for all the information.

Robert
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05