Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Here Are A Few Spain Stamps

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 457Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
7068 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi
I only collect Canada and Provinces, but I have thousands of WW stamps that I do not have time to get to.
Opened a box and scanned a few for a post here.

Robert

Here is one of the stamps that has a great offset on the back.

Opinions welcome
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6804 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert have you considered getting a hobby ? Just kidding of course.

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
7068 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Peter...
I will cut back on WW stamp posts here and concentrate on Canada only.
Back to Canada forum.

Have a good day guys....Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing Robert - I like the WWs and specifically Spain is of interest to me - along with others (Ha!). I also was impressed with offset (now I know what to call that) and for me the ease of watermark identification was exciting.

I dug into a few of my Reina Isabella IIs to try to check and categorize - here are a few (note - I recognize my Scott#s could be off - my first attempt). Now I am the one that needs to get a hobby - I am all over the WW place - but I love it. :)

Valued Member
29 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add r.cebrian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting!

Pillar Of The Community
7068 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mrita75...Never even thought about looking at watermarks, cause do not have any kind of a specialized Spain Catalouge.

Robert
Valued Member
29 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   3:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add r.cebrian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wert:

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes :) you beat me to the punch r. cebrian - Robert: check these images out. These stamps I show are actually Isabella II stamps from Cuba (Spanish West Indies) - you can see the watermarks really well.

Edited by Mrita75 - 01/22/2020 3:38 pm
Valued Member
29 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   3:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add r.cebrian to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wert, this is blue paper

Wmk loops.
it seems displaced, I don't see well.
Edifil 40 - cv: 1€ but great cancel and possible wmk displaced.
Edited by r.cebrian - 01/22/2020 3:49 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2625 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   7:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget the loops wmk comes in 3 Types:

Pillar Of The Community
7068 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
WOW..Almost as complicated as Newfoundland stamps...haha

Thanks guys for all the information.

Robert
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 457Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05