Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Amg Germany 5pf (3n4) Offset Stamp Used On Cover

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   7:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add postagedueguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I bought this in a eBay lot of AMG covers. Have a look at the 5pf stamp. Looks to me like the stamp still has gum on it too. Please let me know what you think?

AMG Germany registered cover with 50pf 20pf 5pf 1pf stamps
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28467 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   8:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Polite Suggestion / Guess: A "Philatelic" cover, intricacies not in my knowledge.

Cover from a known stamp dealer and expertiser. (Finland and Germany)

Germany (1945 Flensburg local) Droese, Bernhard ('B. Droese') Plön/Holstein 1950, Düsseldorf 1961, Bad Salzuflen 1968, BPP 1958–

https://www.filatelia.fi/experts/areasf.html
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   9:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add postagedueguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I thought it was philatelic since the return address and the address were identical. I was more intrigued by the stamp. Any ideas?
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28467 Posts
Posted 01/22/2020   11:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not here, I draw a blank.
I think it best, as you explained it, a "set off" attached to the cover.
You would have the best opinion, being able to see under a magnifying glass.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2136 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   12:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to me they found a stamp with an imprint on the reverse from the sheet below it, and glued it face-down on the cover.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
575 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   02:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At least postage was correct 60 pfg for registerd and 16 pfg for local postage.
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   7:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add postagedueguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At least postage was correct 60 pfg for registerd and 16 pfg for local postage.

I thought in April 1946 they doubled all the postage rates. Therefore the registry rate would be 84pf and 1st class rate would be 24 pf. Or is the registry rate 60pf and local postage 16pf within a city. Please let me know.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05