Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Zealand Show And Tell

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
577 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   12:53 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add docgfd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Another stamp I was happy to find in the large lot mentioned in my Swiss stamp query was this 1d New Zealand issue of 1882, Scott 61. Imagine my delight when I flipped it over (which eliminated my sadness at its centering lol). My Scott Classic mentions that this issue (along with a few others) had advertising printed verso in 1893. I've heard of these but have never gotten hold of one. Any comments welcome. Its going into one of my albums, so I'm also curious if there's any premium over catalogue value.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
717 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   12:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Which way around will you mount it?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
577 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   1:57 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
With all due respect to Her Majesty QV, face down !
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28428 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An SCF member posted a full sheet pic some time ago,
maybe Revcollector?

below not my image.
Edited by rod222 - 01/23/2020 5:50 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1396 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   6:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are several earlier threads on this topic.
See this one showing all the advertisements on the back for this issue:

http://goscf.com/t/17329
Pillar Of The Community
United States
577 Posts
Posted 01/23/2020   6:44 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the references, folks. Ugh! Just what I needed...yet another sub-specialty I need to pursue ;)
Valued Member
United States
386 Posts
Posted 01/24/2020   01:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billsey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, it's not enough to get each advert, you also have to get all the different colors. :) I have a couple of stockbooks full around here somewhere.
Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
189 Posts
Posted 02/04/2020   04:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some 'Land of the Moas'

1898 NZ White Terraces Dull Rose

NZ SSF (second side face)

NZ 1940 Centennial

and these guys. 1916 George V Surface pair
Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
189 Posts
Posted 02/04/2020   04:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Te hei Maori Ora

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05