Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1901 Pan-american Set Of 6 (Scott 294-299)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
89 Posts
Posted 01/24/2020   11:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stampboylife to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Please see image below, based on condition what is a good price to buy this lot? Its up for auction. Thanks!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3880 Posts
Posted 01/24/2020   11:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sold for around $7-$10 on eBay depending on light/heavy cancellations/centering.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...d&_sacat=260
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by redwoodrandy - 01/24/2020 11:22 am
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
Posted 01/24/2020   1:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, thats very helpful. Although I find all recent postings are priced higher in the $20-$40 range. I understand its based on condition of the stamps. I will keep looking.
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
Posted 01/24/2020   3:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dry Tech to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
all recent postings are priced higher in the $20-$40 range

Asking price on eBay (often) rarely reflects what the same stamps go for when auctioned. Keep looking. The "sold" price is the one that counts.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3880 Posts
Posted 01/24/2020   5:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I gave you "sold" prices on eBay. Anyone can ask any price for a "buy" price. Please note!
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
Posted 01/25/2020   03:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dry Tech to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
796 Posts
Posted 01/25/2020   9:51 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That particular set has damage on the 10c and would be cheap. A really well centered sound set will go for a lot more.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1134 Posts
Posted 01/26/2020   10:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Elaborating on what rlsny said, the 10-cent stamp has a significant piece torn off the corner. Here is the link to the ad:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffalo-St...AOSw9-ZeJhfm

stampboylife, The seller of the set you showed in your post made no mention of damage to this set, and he has 32 negative feedbacks in the last year. I would recommend staying away from his offerings completely.

I put together a used set of these (minus the 8-cent value, which I have in MNH) for my collection that are generally lightly canceled and well centered. I recently scanned my five used stamps of this issue in preparation for sale on eBay. After scanning, I decided against offering the set on eBay because I don't think I'd get enough for them to bother with the eBay fees.

I would, however, like to see these stamps find a new home. To thank you for your support to SCF, stampboylife, I'd be happy to send them to you for free. The scans of my stamps are below. Please email me your address if you'd like the stamps.

Edited by Classic Coins - 01/26/2020 10:58 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6322 Posts
Posted 01/26/2020   10:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an obviously fake newspaper stamp (it even says so, although someone tried to remove it). But he is calling it a special printing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffalo-St...AOSwRsJd6YVZ
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6322 Posts
Posted 01/26/2020   10:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another one, It has obviously been cleaned across the stars and the upper portion of the vignette. It probably said facsimile.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffalo-St...AOSwTEteJ5Os
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6322 Posts
Posted 01/26/2020   11:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a proof with fake perfs.....
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffalo-St...AOSw7iZeK5L-
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6322 Posts
Posted 01/26/2020   11:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clearly not a seller to be trusted.......
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1134 Posts
Posted 01/26/2020   11:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good call, revcollector. The newspaper stamps were beautifully engraved, but that is a really bad fake being offered by the same seller.
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   04:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dry Tech to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is quite the nice set of PAs you are gifting. I did the same recently to a new collector. Yes, it is good to know they have found a good home. My set wasn't quite as nice as yours though.
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   10:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thats very generous of you Classic Coins!

Thanks everyone for the input, I am learning a lot from this forum, and not buying from that seller :) I am glad I checked before pulling the trigger.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05