Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Yugoslavia Assistance, Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 480Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add EdziuMM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It's faint, but where wa it canceled?
In Roman alphabet atop the cancel I think it reads "VR--IKA" at bottom is postal code "61360".
I've never been able to locate a postal code list for the former nation of Yugoslavia. Does anyone have a link to that list?
My thanks in advance for any help on both of these.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6802 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   09:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France
1162 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   10:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Vrhnika (Slovenia)
Edited by vayolene - 01/27/2020 10:34 am
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   11:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both
Does anyone know of a link that would allow me to look up ALL former Yugoslav places? The Wiki article is a great help but I still need to chase down the smaller places whose postal codes ended in digits other than 000.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4217 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   8:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You may want to consider buying a used Jugoslavia road map with directory from an online seller such as Amazon.

I have a small collection of these and they can be very useful if you have a sizable accumulation of "mysterious" places. Michelin maps are very good, but there others which are equally as good.
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
Posted 01/28/2020   12:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you! I'll give it a try.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6802 Posts
Posted 01/28/2020   12:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You might also try the post office or find a stamp club over there

Peter

Check this page: http://www.stampdomain.com/country/yugoslavia/
Edited by Petert4522 - 01/28/2020 12:44 pm
Valued Member
United States
342 Posts
Posted 01/29/2020   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks to you, too, Peter.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 480Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05