Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

"Sender Claims Nothing Fragile Or Perishable Enclosed"

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
51 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   2:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Molokai to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I purchased this cover recently to add to my Nassau Street/NYC dealer collection. Mostly quite unremarkable and there are lots of Uptown covers. There is a story online about Merle Massar.

But I have never seen the "Sender claims nothing fragile or perishable enclosed".

I wasn't around at the time but the marking seems unusual. Can anyone tell me more about it?
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
28388 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can anyone tell me more about it?

Not I,
however, referred to as an "Auxilliary marking" (Us =Auxiliary)
There is a club for these here.....
https://www.postal-markings.org/

Good Luck, please post back anything of interest you find.

Found it...Page 122 of the *.pdf

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 01/27/2020 3:33 pm
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 01/27/2020   4:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Molokai to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome. Thank you!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05