Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Are Some Good Ways To Get Newer Used Forever Stamps?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,372Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
100 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   08:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wigeon44 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm fortunate that our local Bible Society store accepts donations of bulk stamps from associated churches, customers and other donors and then sells them in 1lb bags for $5 each. . Some people get rid of old stamp collection accumulations from deceased relatives by donating them to the Bible Society. The money raised is used to purchase Bibles and donate them to inmates in prisons. There are many recent and older stamps from around the world in these bags, many off paper but most on scraps of envelope. Fortunately some donors neatly clip off the stamps with full cancellations included but there are very few on full covers. Over the course of a year I'm able to get many of the latest US and Canadian cancelled stamps. I realize I'm paying $5/lb but look on it more as a donation that has returned much more in value and enjoyment to me. It's surprising how many of these used stamps have absolutely no cancellation marks on them...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   12:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't understand why someone would send mail to themselves? When they can just save that stamp in mint condition. Why cancel and null it's face value??
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5834 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   12:45 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Because people collect used stamps as well as mint ones. Or, indeed, used stamps and not mint ones.
Valued Member
148 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Perf10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Contemporarily-used Forever stamps are less common and therefore more of a challenge to collect than their mint state counterparts.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,372Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05