Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Experience With USAstamps On Ebay?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 871Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
369 Posts
Posted 01/31/2020   10:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add uboatnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone had any experience with this eBay seller?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
Posted 01/31/2020   10:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wannahocalugie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not as of yet. Sorry
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by wannahocalugie - 01/31/2020 10:44 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4448 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   12:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Based upon the seller's Ebay feedback as a buyer the seller is a reseller in all likelihood. Buys tons of stuff from "georgetownlaw" and others. Read into that what you will.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4016 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   04:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Buy from georgetownlaw and skip the middleman. Nope
Learn More...
8151 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   05:52 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Buy from georgetownlaw...

Don
Valued Member
United States
446 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   10:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wtcrowe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Georgetownlaw can be difficult to purchase from on E-Bay. He regularly blocks people from bidding. I am a "persona non grata", but have been unable to find out why. He has not answered my e-mails for clarification. I know of at least two other people that have been blocked by him. If he allows you to purchase I would say that he is a good source as his material is accurately described and pricing is fair. That statement is based on several purchases from him before being blocked.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1913 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   12:11 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The word 'difficult' doesn't begin to cover it.

Some time back I figured out that he blocks anyone he even thinks may give him problems. In my case it was a post I made back ten years ago on the old Ebay stamp discussion board about a seller issue. Not him but he apparently proactively blocks anybody ever uttering a word of criticism about a seller. Like others he refused to even acknowledge my messages to allow me to bid.

He must be independently wealthy and can afford to diss potential customers.
Valued Member
Learn More...
New Zealand
238 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lostandfound to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Could someone please put up a link to this georgetownlaw chap as I cant even find it? dementia moment or ? thank you.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
330 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   12:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am pretty sure USAStamps came up in some ebay searches back in the fall and I concluded he was overpriced.

Georgetownlaw - Back in the fall I bought a very nice US 518 from him that was as described and a fair price to judge from the marketplace. So I thought he was fine, although I've not gotten anything else from him since.
Pre-emptively blocking potential buyers seems an unusual amount of effort. Quite odd.

edited to add the link as requested: http://www.ebaystores.com/georgetownlaw
Edited by jleb1979 - 02/01/2020 1:00 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
369 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   2:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My post was about a different seller. Searching the forum doesn't work for some reason. I just wanted to make sure usastamps isn't one of the British Cartel's newest eBay names.

Regarding georgetownlaw, I've bought ten items from Christopher White over the past six years without any quality issues. Pricing is a subjective thing, but I've always felt his prices were reasonable for what I was buying. I will continue to do business with him if he has what I want for what I'm willing to pay. If I'm ever in doubt, I'll send the stamp for certification. YMMV.
Edited by uboatnut - 02/01/2020 2:43 pm
Valued Member
224 Posts
Posted 02/01/2020   4:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bud to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I, too, have made several purchases from Georgetown Law, and have been happy with the quality and the price. Will buy more if he comes up with material I'm interested in. I know he won't take emails from potential buyers, but did not know he blocks them as well. Weird.
Learn More...
8151 Posts
Posted 02/02/2020   03:04 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Communication is a core business competency.

http://stampsmarter.com/BuyingOnlin..._ViewDB.html
Click on Search by Seller

Don
Valued Member
Learn More...
215 Posts
Posted 02/03/2020   5:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Always wondered why Georgetownlaw did not accept emails. It cost him a potential sale to me at least once that I can remember as I needed more info, but have been happy with his material.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1428 Posts
Posted 02/03/2020   9:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I almost bought a complete "VF-XF" 38 Presidential set from him now kind of glad I didn't. He seems to be a kind of "temporary" stamp seller- transactional only and then he refuses to deal further.

Guess the search will continue, or perhaps I'll pick off singles and put a set together.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 871Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05