Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Came Across This Site On American Stamp Proofs

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
6840 Posts
Posted 02/05/2020   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hope it is interesting.

Robert

http://www.dglphilatelics.com/usa.html

Also trial colours.

http://www.dglphilatelics.com/trialcolor.html

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff
Edited by wert - 02/05/2020 8:37 pm

Pillar Of The Community
717 Posts
Posted 02/05/2020   11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. Very interesting stuff. I love proofs since they're perfect stamps. And trial colors are always a bit odd to look at, as well. Since we know what color the stamp ended up as, other colors can look a bit strange, and some are downright bizarre.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1187 Posts
Posted 02/06/2020   02:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a presentation I created a few years ago, but it is in Word format and I can't find a way to upload it here.

If any of the moderators can assist, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Learn More...
7836 Posts
Posted 02/06/2020   04:20 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can email it to me and I will see about getting it published on Stamp Smarter if desired. There is an existing Roosevelt Presentation Proof Album located here http://www.stampsmarter.com/proof/Home_proofs.html
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1187 Posts
Posted 02/06/2020   08:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don, email has been sent. Thanks for what you do for us!
Learn More...
7836 Posts
Posted 02/06/2020   08:31 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received, thank you.
This an beautifully done 86 page Word document, I want to give it justice and code it as web pages (rather than simply use the Word 'export' feature which makes a mess of the conversion to web pages). So it will take me some time...I will let folks know when it is completed.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1187 Posts
Posted 02/08/2020   7:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Don. I'm looking forward to seeing it on stampsmarter myself!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1187 Posts
Posted 02/08/2020   7:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And by the way, that IS my personal collection. It is a complete collection of all the issued card proofs of the 19th century as issued by the USPOD.

There were some revenue card proofs, but they were never issued en masse as the regular, commemorative, special delivery, postage due, officials and newspaper/periodical stamps were.
Learn More...
7836 Posts
Posted 02/08/2020   7:59 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Work is progressing, should have it published by next week.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1187 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   12:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don has graciously taken the time and effort to add my presentation on the card proofs of the 19th century to the stamp smarter database.

For those interested, here's the link:

http://stampsmarter.com/proof/cardproofs5.html

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Don for all that he has done for us and our hobby. It would definitely be a poorer place without the efforts he has put into it.

Thank you, Don, for all that you do and have done.
Edited by Stampman2002 - 02/19/2020 12:55 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1891 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   11:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. I'm a big fan of proofs; they are fun to look at.

Your 40P4 appears to be position 91, showing the cracked plate variety at bottom right.

See here: http://www.slingshotvenus.com/Frank...5_Pos91.html
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05