Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

To Cert Or Not To Cert....

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 457Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
Posted 02/12/2020   11:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wannahocalugie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I know I'm opening a can of worms, sorry! I have nothing of extreme value, but I have maybe 4 stamps worth more than a few bucks. As such, with the new technologies for certifying the stamps, should I send the Jacksons (CSA#8 strip 3) and the others for cert now, or let my son deal with it in the future when even more technology will be avail? Either way they will be his and he has shown at least a little interest for a 17 year old, but xbox is here.
The reason I ask, is several stamps have come to have more than one certificate that contradict one another from other threads or faults coming clearer with new tech.
My next question would then be (don't laugh) is there a guide to filling out THE PHILATELIC FOUNDATION application? Or should I use someone else?
Thoughts?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
559 Posts
Posted 02/12/2020   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't bother get anything under $250 certified and in the case you cited, CSA 8, since you state your son will inherit meaning you don't intend to sell it, why bother?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by funcitypapa - 02/12/2020 3:09 pm
Valued Member
United States
373 Posts
Posted 02/12/2020   3:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
the PF form is self explanitory, and they will be happy to answer questions over the phone if nessary. as for certifing items as long as your son or others know that there is some value to your collection it is more important that they kown a trusted dealer or advisor to turn to.
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
Posted 02/12/2020   8:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wannahocalugie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all. I'll put the info in with them and let him decide.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 457Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05