Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Switching Scott US National 2 Post Pages To A 3 Ring Binder?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 371Next Topic  
Valued Member
223 Posts
Posted 02/13/2020   10:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add canyoneer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My Scott 2 post National Album is finally wearing out after 30 years. Instead of just getting another 2 post, I was thinking of getting one of the 3 ring metal hinge binders. These new binders are 12 1/2" wide vs. the 10 1/2" for the 2 post. Has anyone every made this switch? It would involve punching three ring holes into the existing 2 square opening pages. Not interested in re-buying new pages and re-mounting stamps.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
615 Posts
Posted 02/13/2020   11:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alub to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
it will take a while to re-punch all those pages. But I really like the 3 ring binders with the metal hinges. they lie flat and I can add and remove pages really easily.

The only issue you might have is that the pages are looser than with the 2 post. So the front bottom corner drags on the shelf and shows some wear.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
204 Posts
Posted 02/13/2020   3:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amccleaf1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You might want to see if a print shop could bore or drill the new holes in the paper for you. That would be much faster and probably neater than hole-punching a few sheets at a time.

Alan
Valued Member
223 Posts
Posted 02/14/2020   09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I forgot about the added expense of a new slipcase also. I'll probably just look for a new (or nice used) 2 post replacement binder. Also need to find a smaller 2 post for Canada collection. Those smaller specialty series ones are harder to find.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 371Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05