Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Have Tons Of Stamps From Different Country's Hard To Find

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
23 Posts
Posted 02/17/2020   06:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Jvpool to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I looked this one up and all I got was crazy prices im thinking no way u tell me thanks.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4701 Posts
Posted 02/17/2020   06:53 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Where did you look? Issued in 1939-41 with watermark, 1944-45 without. Worth pennies in either case, I'm afraid.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2393 Posts
Posted 02/17/2020   11:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chasa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
about how many stamps are in a ton? are yours on paper or off?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3924 Posts
Posted 02/17/2020   11:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Most stamps are in the penny(s) range. Show another stamp. Where are you looking?
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   02:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jvpool to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do have thousands of foreign and us three generations worth its out of control.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3924 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   10:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are the stamps in albums? Show some album pics. Show a few of the earliest stamps. Thousands of stamps are the norm and a good thing.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4214 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   10:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eBay and other such online venues are not useful reference tools when it comes to establishing catalog values or for acquiring ID information in many cases. Too much misinformation and unrealistic expectations. For WW stamps you really need some mainstream catalogs such as the Scott publications and these can many times be found in local libraries or on sale on eBay. For the most part it is unnecessary to have current catalogs as little changes for millions of listings over the course of a decade. Old copies are just fine to give a sense of what you have and the process can be entertaining for those intrigued by stamps. You will need a perforation gauge at the very least in order to really pin things down and some watermark fluid (lighter fluid works) is also a must.
Valued Member
United States
23 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jvpool to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Im working on the books some are graded some are in books u name it I got it and yes I agree I need the wright tools to figure things out I ended up with three different peoples inherited stamps I have hundreds pre 1900s have lots of time in taking hinges off the really old stamps some where saved there a fire.I HAVE A FUll time job so eventually ill get pictures of by best ones I know there is some of the first stamps of most of the world countries its exciting finding these stamp but also stressful I need more educa9 thus I come here for help.
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So as an example, the stamp you show could be one of three one cent green stamps from 1939 to 1935 depicting Simon Bolivar, Scott #467, 497, or 515. These 3 stamps differ in watermarks, perforations, and color. In addition the 3 stamps were printed by different companies and a close inspection of the imprint at the bottom of your stamp shows "American Bank Note Co.", and therefore the stamp must be Scott #467 from 1939, catalog value $.15 in my 1994 catalog. The other two stamps also catalog $.15.
Valued Member
357 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   9:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add archerg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your posts read like a kid's text message. You state you have thousands of valuable stamps, and show one image.

Please, if you wish to get the most out of chatboard advice, be organized with images first and write in better English.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1566 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   10:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mkfarm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool, you sound excited and maybe youthful. From what you have written it appears you have the start of a great collection. I also have a lot of stamps from the 1800's in fact I have stock books full. Lol mostly a ton of duplicates. I don't have many top end price wise but none the less I enjoy them the same. I would be interested to see some of your US Banknotes if you have any? Keep the interest up.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1566 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   10:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mkfarm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

/img]

This is just some of them. Nothing special but still cool.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1566 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   10:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mkfarm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

/img]

Here are some more, again these are pretty common but all the same I like them. Do you have any stamps that look like these?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05