Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'd Like To Share My Classic USA Covers

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
690 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   03:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Laurie 02 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey, there's nothing special or noteworthy about my covers but I love em!
So I'll start with my first stampless cover from 1848 it's a Folded letter

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
690 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   03:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My next one

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
690 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   03:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An audit letter!

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
779 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   08:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Laurie02

The Minnesota Territory cover is interesting. The correspondence is signed by the last auditor of the territory. Found his name on this wiki link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minne...tate_Auditor

Valued Member
Canada
92 Posts
Posted 02/18/2020   10:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To me these are excellent items, I love covers with their contents they tell so much more then just the cover alone.
Well done!!

Cheers, Bill
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
690 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   03:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you gettinold and hounddogBill!
Some more #11 type 1 and 2's
1856 New York cancel tradesman bank, shame the contents have been cut

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
690 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   03:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Next is a red Boston black paid cancel

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
690 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   03:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One more 1854 New York folded letter

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1895 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   10:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Its always nice to see early covers posted.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
690 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   04:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thx txstamp for your kind words
Another 3 for tonight
1853 folded letter

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
690 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   05:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A ladies cover from Port Des Moines

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
690 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   05:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And 1 more Red Boston cancelled folded letter

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
690 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   05:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Question:::: is it ever ok to erase the pencil scribbles on the cover from previous owners?
Valued Member
United States
478 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   08:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SPQR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, It is OK to erase pencil scribbles from previous owners - BUT you need to be absolutely sure that they are pencil scribbles from previous owners and not contemporaneous docketing or markings. I once heard a story of a collector that erased a pencil civil war prison censor marking thinking that it was a collectors note, destroying a valuable cover. For that reason, it is better just to leave it be.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2383 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   08:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Question:::: is it ever ok to erase the pencil scribbles on the cover from previous owners?

I sure hope so..I hate those redundant notes and erase any seller/ collector notes.
Taiwan
1 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   09:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BigCollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have any mail postcards in your collection?
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05