Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1959 Canadian National Express Postcard.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
6845 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is a nice piece of post card history...This card was apparently printed by Post Canada for the purpose of mailing information to people/businesses.. It was used by Canadian National Express

It was printed with the Scott 328 "Queen Elizabeth II - Karsh portrait"
Sent to Fuller Brush Company, Hamilton Ontario, cancel Dec.18.1959.

The post card is not as thick as a usual post card..It is as thick as a normal printer paper we all use.

Robert

153 Front Street West - Toronto
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4583 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bujutsu to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is either Webb's P85 / 85A or P93 / 93A?

Chimo
Bujutsu
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
592 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jarnick to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Robert
The card appears to me to be Webb RR217b. Called "flimsies" because of the poor paper stock they were rouletted and usually the first of a carbon set. They were used by both Canadian National and Canadian Pacific as well as Ontario Hydro.
Edited by jarnick - 02/19/2020 12:47 pm
Pillar Of The Community
2534 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   1:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
On the Canadian National Express tangent ... Unitrade UX81a, I think. They measure at only 6.8 mil thick.

Edited by John Becker - 02/19/2020 1:11 pm
Pillar Of The Community
6845 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   2:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I though all UX81 postal cards were associated with KING GEORGE V1.

Just info I thought I knew.

Robert

But, John, you are so close with that post.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
357 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   2:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthraquinone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The printing on these was not controlled by the post office and the various Railway companies printed a considerable number of versions during the KG6 and early QE2 periods. Not all were on the "flimsy" stock some were on much more normal stock. Some had completely different text on them and others only minor variations in the design. You can also find the apparently same cards with different printing dates.

You could easily fill an album with them and they are not very expensive

AQ
Pillar Of The Community
6845 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   2:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info AQ

Quote:
You could easily fill an album with them and they are not very expensive

Money is not what I am ever concerned about, just info on what type of card this is....Thanks again AQ and guys.

Robert
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05