Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

And If You Like This Ebay Offering, I Have Some Swamp Land For Sale!

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
301 Posts
Posted 02/19/2020   11:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Reedededge to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
When I originally saw this listing, I laughed it off. Surely, nobody would be that stupid to actually bid on this. Apparently, I was wrong!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffalo-St...AOSwRsJd6YVZ

Send note to Staff
Edited by Reedededge - 02/19/2020 11:41 pm

Pillar Of The Community
2549 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   12:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For those not fully familiar with U.S. newspaper stamps, beyond the poor quality of the reproduction, note the word "FAUX" as part of the design just below the bottom of the shield, and the very faint "facsimile" stamped across the bottom of the robe and onto the shield.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
338 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   12:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The single bid may be a shill.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
496 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   12:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It has to be a shill. plus the accounts negative comments should send any logical person running,
Valued Member
United States
216 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   12:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add waddsbadds to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The company is called Buffalo stamps, it has 17,805 feedbacks, he says he sells high quality US stamps, and then says he's not a dealer? What gives?
Learn More...
7847 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   03:38 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

This seller has a long history of listings like this

With the listing above, I would think that eBay would take action if it were reported to them (since the stamp is stamped with facsimile it falls under eBays 'Counterfeit item policy').

Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1243 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   10:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This seller regularly misidentifies/misdescribes material and never ever ever responds to messages pointing this out (or changes the listings).
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1882 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   11:01 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
He's one of the worst sellers on eBay. Two years ago I bought a Legends of the West error sheet from him that he mailed in a lightweight envelope with no padding, had to fight for a refund.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1294 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   11:30 am  Show Profile Check CanadaStamp's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CanadaStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ALLEGEDLY!! It's an old carny trick - a shill bid by the owner. Yes - he'll pay the listing and final fees to eBay if it does not catch a sucker - but then he'll just keep doing it until it sells. If it doesn't sell maybe he accounts those costs as a business write off. More than one way to run a crooked business. (I say allegedly because there are also vicious, vindictive ALLEGED crooks out there)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4194 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Check this "MNH 243" out:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffalo-St...AOSwt95d~XCA

After reviewing this seller's listings I am officially gobsmacked.

My genuine 243:

Edited by rogdcam - 02/20/2020 3:19 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1882 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   12:35 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still looking at those perfs on the $3 Colombian. They look good; too damn good to be real. Is this another modern 'reprint'?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4194 Posts
Posted 02/20/2020   1:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 243 is a perforated proof.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4194 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   12:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4194 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   12:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4194 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How about a 64A, Pigeon Blood Pink:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffalo-St...AOSwKz5d-WoA
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4194 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And a 424c:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buffalo-St...AOSwvXdePfsI

There are so many more to choose from but that is more than enough for now me thinks.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05