Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are Any Of These Old Stamps From The USA Of Interest?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United Kingdom
5 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   06:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Tazor to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone.
This is my first post so please go easy on me :D
I have 4 books of fairly old stamps which span every country from around 1900. I know old doesn't mean valuable and I wont post pages of photos but I thought some of the stamps from the USA section of the books may be of interest/value. Below is a selection of the stamps in that section.
Can anyone tell me if any of these stamps are of value or are of interest please?
Thank you for your help.

Send note to Staff

Learn More...
7847 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   07:17 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
All common stamps but a start on a new hobby. You can learn more about your stamps, and the hobby, here http://stampsmarter.com/1847usa/1847Home.html
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United Kingdom
5 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   07:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tazor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the information Don, and thank you for the fantastic link, that will be very useful. Your help is much appreciated. All the best Don.
Valued Member
United States
39 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   08:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chevelle to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 10 Special Delivery, Scott No. E3, in used condition catalogs $50 (2019 Scott Specialized Catalogue of United States Stamps & Covers). Looks to be used with some light ink smudges, great color and very nice centering. Dave
Valued Member
United Kingdom
5 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tazor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info Dave. I've been trying to find that one on the stampworld.com catalogue (catalog) but can't find it at all. The photo does that one no justice. Anything over $5 in my stamp collection is a result for me haha.
Thanks again though.
Learn More...
7847 Posts
Posted 02/21/2020   12:40 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Note that catalog values (including stampworld) typically do not reflect actual market values. For example, currently used E3 are selling in the $2-$7 range.
Don
Valued Member
United Kingdom
5 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   10:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tazor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What shows that the E3 has been used? I can't see any ink from being franked. Thank you.
Valued Member
224 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   10:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bud to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Check the top perfs of the stamp. See the ink smudges?
Valued Member
United Kingdom
5 Posts
Posted 02/28/2020   05:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tazor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow such a tiny detail. Thanks for the info though.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05