Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 Jenny Inverts What Do I Have?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,373Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1566 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mkfarm to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I have 20 unopened packages bought from 5 different post offices. I have an additional 10 coming next week. Yes the Post office still has them in stock on the web. So I will have 30 unopened packages. Should I open them?

As it sits now I could have a non inverted panel. Or I could open them all and find out I just have $360 in postage stamps.

What ever one think? Open or keep them sealed.
Send note to Staff
Edited by mkfarm - 02/22/2020 5:21 pm

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
373 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All you have now is $360 in postage that you can't even use because you haven't opened it.

Since these can still be purchased from the Post Office on line, why would anyone want to buy yours for anything above face value of $12 per package? https://store.usps.com/store/produc...eet-S_580000

"You gotta ask yourself, 'Do I feel lucky'?"

Incidentally, 30 panes of six $2 stamps each = 30 x $12 = $360, not $180.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by uboatnut - 02/22/2020 5:16 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1566 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   5:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mkfarm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol, corrected that. Not selling them. I have never sold stamps. In fact I send my daughter a letter every week getting rid of my mint classics. It is so cool putting those on the envelopes. I'm about through all my black Jacks. I had about 45 and I think I may have 5 unused ones left.
Edited by mkfarm - 02/22/2020 5:26 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1566 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   5:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mkfarm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Was a little taken back by the statement on selling them. I had to reread and I dont think I mentioned selling them. My question was should I open them. #128521;
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2785 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   5:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Open them. Use them. If you discover a non-invert pane, then great!
Stockpiling mint postage known to be in excess of demand is not a good investment.
If you use them all up now and want more panes in the future, they will be readily available.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
545 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centerstage98 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, open them. It's the only way for you to find out if you hit a jackpot and purchased one of the 100 non-inverts.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4482 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   6:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OR you could do what some auction houses have been known to do and put a faded note on one of the sealed packs with the words "SAVE-special Jenny Sheet, 1 of 100!!!!!" and place the sealed pack in a strategic place in a carton lot photo. Watch the bids roll in!!!!!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4027 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Blackjacks mint/unused used for postage.

Unopened packs of non invert.

I have brain freeze. Please help me.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4482 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   7:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This dancing pepper will help you Mr. Randy.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4027 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   7:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
541 Posts
Posted 02/22/2020   8:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrita75 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You guys are funny.

It's true though. A dancing pepper makes everything. better.
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
Posted 02/23/2020   12:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dsmith426 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It depends on why you are buying them in the first place. If you plan on keeping them I would keep them sealed - to me that makes them have a more interesting story at least to the general public.

I recall there was a story awhile back that the post office ran out of stock of the sheets but there was still demand from the public so they recalled the unsold sheets from all the local post offices and that is what now is being sold online.

Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
Posted 02/26/2020   3:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billresh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the implication is that sometime in the future when these are sold out at the philatelic office and all 100 of the noninverted sheets have not been found, there will be an increased value in unopened packages. This of course depends on how many unopened packages exist which would be nearly impossible to determine as well as how many noninverted are left to be found.
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
did they create the non inverts on purpose? or was it a true misprint of a misprint :)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4482 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They were created.
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
Posted 02/28/2020   2:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Roughly how much is a non invert sheet worth?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,373Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05