Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Forgery????or A Real One????

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

France
18 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   02:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add naufrago to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hi evrybody enyone can help me to tell me if this is a 482A??thankyou
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
2559 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   08:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No.
The tint indicates that your stamp is one of the offset printings, thus a type IV, V, Va, VI, or VII.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
France
18 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   5:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Eny value??thanks for the response
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
835 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Naufrago, curios after looking at this post. Is the bottom of that stamp straight? Almost looks a bit jagged and off as if perforations were trimmed off.
Valued Member
France
18 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   6:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,yes is stait and I mesured the perf with the profesional gauge special americans stamps and saids perfect,but what bothers me is the color and I dont know,still find stamps beetween the thausens tha I find in my house but i'm not a collector
Pillar Of The Community
2559 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   7:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I will repeat my message in different words - the COLOR means that is is an offset printing. Very normal. It is not a 482A. It is not a forgery. Is is going to be Scott 532, 533, 534, 534A, or 534B, (depending on the "type") with Schermack type III vending and affixing machine perforations. Your photo is not detailed enough to determine which of these offset types it is. The U.S. literature will have detailed descriptions of the 5 type differences. The value depends on the type, but the cutting into the design lowers the value considerably from the "book" value.

To address No1philatelist: Private vending coils would not have perforation on the top/bottom edges.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4214 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As John stated, the scan is not the best. I am thinking Type VI (534A) or Type VII (534B). I base my assumptions upon the thickness/strength of the upper line of the base of the left number 2.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
835 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks John. I am unfamilar with these, and it was just that his image while not perfectly clear, kind of led me to that question after looking at the bottom. The just no answer also to his heading question led me to whether it was genuine.
Edited by No1philatelist - 02/24/2020 9:29 pm
Pillar Of The Community
2559 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   9:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL, There were too many questions in the first post. I should have been more clear and said "No, it is not a 482A".
Learn More...
7869 Posts
Posted 02/24/2020   9:39 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...The U.S. literature will have detailed descriptions of the 5 type differences...

http://stampsmarter.com/1847usa/was...pesMain.html

Don
Valued Member
France
18 Posts
Posted 02/25/2020   2:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tank you evry body,as I said i'm not a collector,i found about 30000 stamps in my new house,and I start learning,between is most than half american stamps,really thanks
Valued Member
France
18 Posts
Posted 02/29/2020   03:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi evrybody,could you tell me what is this???could that be a 544?the date 11 dec 1922 could that be posible??
Valued Member
France
18 Posts
Posted 03/07/2020   2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hellow,after breaking my head for weeks,i found is a 534B type Vll.went into stampsmart differents 2cents with the microscope and evrything is mactching with type Vll,thanks for your help,regards from france
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1745 Posts
Posted 03/25/2020   9:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add disi123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Look at the left 2... it's a 534A.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05