Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Moving My Hawaii To New Pages

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
19 Posts
Posted 02/26/2020   07:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add aucguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I have had these blank pages from an old Scott album for Hawaii for a couple of years and decided last night to move my Hawaii stamps over to the pages. I also worked on sorting and mounting my new Hawaii that been sitting in an envelope for a couple of years. I will try to show some pictures but I have been having issues in the up loading process ( can't teach old dog new tricks... dumber than a bag of rocks) I just can't figure this out!
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
Posted 02/26/2020   12:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Plate Number Coil Collectors Club (www.PNC3.org) Webmaster

Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com
Valued Member
United States
19 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   09:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aucguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So I scanned in the pages and the scans are pdf's. tried converting to the required or preferred jpg, jpeg or gif format. This caused me a head ache, so until I figure out how to actually post or someone shows me how to accomplish this task No pics will be had.
Valued Member
United States
22 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   09:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revinmn to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2380 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   11:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So I scanned in the pages and the scans are pdf's.

Check your scanner settings, is the image format ticked as PDFs?
Valued Member
United States
36 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Burnside Bob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Hey, I would like to see your Hawaii collection too, and I'm sorry you are having problem scanning your pages.

I have both a flatbed scanner, operated by VueScan thru my lap top, and a 3 in 1 copier/fax/scanner operated thru the device's touch screen. For both, on start up, I enter a menu where you tell the device what you want it to do. In this menu you should be able to select the file type used to save the scan. This will be a sub-part of the same menu where you select the scan resolution and where you want the scan saved in your file system.

The default file type setting of both interfaces was .pdf, so I get how you your scans have turned out as .pdf's. Some photo programs can convert file types, too, although it will probably be less time consuming to change the file type setting on your scanner and rescan.

Hope this helps--poke around in your scan set up menu.

Burnside

This is what the VueScan start up menu set up looks like. In VueScan you have different treatments for "Preview" and "Scan". I do preview at 200 dpi, as shown here (Preview Button colored Green), crop the preview, and do the actual scan at the appropriate resolution for the document, usually 600 dpi or higher for stamps. Notice that .jpeg is selected as file type. The drop down menu allows you to change the file type.

Valued Member
United States
19 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   3:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aucguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I want to thank everybody for their suggestions. Have check the scanner and my options are PDF and TIFF only. so unfortunately there will be no pictures. sorry really want to post pictures
Valued Member
United States
22 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   5:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revinmn to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Download irfanview - it's free.
Open your tiff files in irfanview and save then as jpegs. It may even let you open pdfs, and if so, again, save as jpegs.
Edited by revinmn - 02/27/2020 5:30 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
26 Posts
Posted 02/27/2020   6:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NumOnes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few pages to checkout while aucguy works on getting scans. The first page is one I made for the flying goose errors. The next two are pages from my Stamp Paraphernalia album.

The goose on the 75 is clear to see. On the 81, the goose is just sticking a wing out from behind the cancel.

Valued Member
United States
19 Posts
Posted 02/28/2020   12:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aucguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the tips. at work right now will look into irfanview program when I get home.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
548 Posts
Posted 02/28/2020   4:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very Nice NumOnes!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05